    Is this doable?

    TIA

    Rob

    RKay, Jan 27, 2005

  2. RKay

    Jack Guest

    Hi
    It is doable under such a configuration.
    Wireless Router as an Access Point: http://www.ezlan.net/router_AP.html
    This might help too:
    Wireless Bridging: http://www.ezlan.net/bridging1.html
    Jack (MVP-Networking).

    Jack, Jan 27, 2005

  3. RKay

    Steve Guest

    Yes it can be done without too much grief. The access
    point will be a bridge to your existing network. A good
    starting point is the following Micrsosoft article.
    us;817463

    Regards,
    Steve

    Steve, Jan 27, 2005
  4. It is only doable if your router has the use as access point option. What is
    the make and model of your router?

    Robert Jacobs, Jan 27, 2005
  5. RKay

    kjk

    Joined:
    Feb 20, 2010
    Messages:
    1
    I have a Mecer 4 port cable DSL router from my new ISP and an older ADSL wifi Billion 7401VGP router from my old ISP MWEB, I want a wifi connection but have heard its not possible to crack the MWEB locked wifi router. I have heard that it is possible to use the wifi router as a hub but connecting the cable DSL router with a network cable to the wifi router and use the wifi router as the connection...but I need a step-by-step guide on the process, any help?

    kjk, Feb 20, 2010