    Faustino Dina
    If my email address starts with two 'f'
    drop the first 'f' when mailing me.

    Faustino Dina, Aug 17, 2004

  2. Faustino Dina

    flailking Guest

    "Faustino Dina" <> wrote in message news:<>...
    > Hi,
    >
    > I have a Cisco MC3810 router with 3 interfaces: Ethernet0, Serial0 and
    > Serial1. I need to mount two subnets joined by a router to test multicasting
    > in this environment. My question is:
    > Can I attach a PC directly to the router's Serial port to simulate the
    > remote subnet? I mean this PC will act as the second router and will be
    > connected to another subnet, meanwhile I will use the Ethernet0 interface
    > for connecting the Cisco router to the first subnet. I'll be running Windows
    > PCs for the test: W2K servers and W9x as clients.
    > How can I do that?
    > Any idea is welcomed
    >
    > Thanks in advance

    No....serial or t1/e1 wic's can't hook that up...they talk b8zs, ami,
    sf, esf, and are channalized...ain't no ethernetHDLC kicking...you
    could get another cisco with a t1(serial) wic and let the two talk
    that way...crossover cable needed

    flailking, Aug 18, 2004

  3. Faustino Dina

    Hansang Bae Guest

    In article <>, says...
    > Hi,
    >
    > I have a Cisco MC3810 router with 3 interfaces: Ethernet0, Serial0 and
    > Serial1. I need to mount two subnets joined by a router to test multicasting
    > in this environment. My question is:
    > Can I attach a PC directly to the router's Serial port to simulate the
    > remote subnet? I mean this PC will act as the second router and will be
    > connected to another subnet, meanwhile I will use the Ethernet0 interface
    > for connecting the Cisco router to the first subnet. I'll be running Windows
    > PCs for the test: W2K servers and W9x as clients.
    > How can I do that?
    > Any idea is welcomed

    Not unless you have a synchronous serial card on your PC (not likely).
    But you can use the AUX port to connect to the PC.
    www.networkingunlimited.com has some white papers (as does CCO)

    --

    hsb

    Hansang Bae, Aug 18, 2004