Can I avoid MAPI?

Discussion in 'Computer Support' started by hugh jass, Feb 11, 2005.

  1. hugh jass

    hugh jass Guest

    My new employer (very small company) is using ms outlook web access - run by
    exchange server. See URL below:

    https://webaccess.hostedmail.net/exchweb/bin/auth/owalogon.asp?url=https://w
    ebaccess.hostedmail.net/&reason=0

    I am a ms skeptic and try to avoid using ms web and mail tools for security
    and performance reasons. Unfortunately, this email setup requires MAPI
    support on the client software.

    I don't need MAPI (am quite happy saving, clicking and dragging from
    explorer to attach docs to outgoing messages - it keeps me up to date on
    where everything is in my system).

    **IS there a way to set my self up to recieve/send emails with this service
    WITHOUT using MAPI? I'd like to keep my current email software (Bloomba)
    but it's not MAPI enabled.

    Thanks for your help.

    Alternatively, can I get an add-in or extension that allows me to connect
    Bloomba to a MAPI server??
    hugh jass, Feb 11, 2005