    Thanks for replys!

    Cheers,
    Carl

    Carl, Apr 13, 2007

  2. Carl wrote:
    > Hello,
    >
    > Can I attach a Canon 710IS on top of a Gitzo GT2530EX tripod without a
    > head, in a situation where a head is not available?
    > Thanks for replys!
    >
    > Cheers,
    > Carl

    Duct tape?

    --
    Joseph Meehan

    Dia 's Muire duit

    Joseph Meehan, Apr 13, 2007

  3. Carl

    tomm42 Guest

    On Apr 13, 6:25 am, "Carl" <> wrote:
    > Hello,
    >
    > Can I attach a Canon 710IS on top of a Gitzo GT2530EX tripod without a
    > head, in a situation where a head is not available?
    > Thanks for replys!
    >
    > Cheers,
    > Carl

    All my Gitzo stuff is over 10 years old, don't know if they still use
    the 3/8 (what ever in metric) stud. If so so does Manfroto so you
    don't have to buy a Gitzo head. Most camera shops will carry Bogen or
    Manfroto, just get a ball head. Or use duct tape. The other thing is a
    1/4 to 3/8 adapter, which may exist still, but you will never get good
    leveling without a head.

    Tom

    tomm42, Apr 13, 2007
  4. Carl

    salgud Guest

    On Apr 13, 7:19 am, "tomm42" <> wrote:
    > On Apr 13, 6:25 am, "Carl" <> wrote:
    >
    > > Hello,

    > > Can I attach a Canon 710IS on top of a Gitzo GT2530EX tripod without a
    > > head, in a situation where a head is not available?
    > > Thanks for replys!

    > > Cheers,
    > > Carl

    > All my Gitzo stuff is over 10 years old, don't know if they still use
    > the 3/8 (what ever in metric) stud. If so so does Manfroto so you
    > don't have to buy a Gitzo head. Most camera shops will carry Bogen or
    > Manfroto, just get a ball head. Or use duct tape. The other thing is a
    > 1/4 to 3/8 adapter, which may exist still, but you will never get good
    > leveling without a head.
    >
    > Tom

    When I travel, I carry a small, portable welding kit for just such
    emergencies!

    salgud, Apr 13, 2007