Can I add color with filter and other questions.

Discussion in 'Firefox' started by John Gilmer, Sep 2, 2007.

  1. John Gilmer

    John Gilmer Guest

    Hi:

    I just started using Thunderbird.

    My copy of OE somehow got messed up and I was having difficulty configuring
    it for gmail or my ISP. TB worked "first time" and still has most of the
    "look and feel" of OE.

    BUT there are a few features of OE that I still would like to have. They
    include:

    1) Having one of the "filter" actions include adding color to the listing
    of the post.

    2) Having a "Read Next Un-Read" button.

    3) Deleting an entire un-expanded e-mail thread with one "click."

    As far as I can determine, these "features" aren't yet available in TB.
    Did I miss something?

    Again, I LOVE Thunderbird. I especially like that it doesn't automaticlly
    download pictures from SPAM. I expect that my SPAM load will decrease in
    the next few weeks.

    Thanks in advance.
    John Gilmer, Sep 2, 2007

  2. John Gilmer wrote:
    > Hi:
    >
    > I just started using Thunderbird.
    >
    > My copy of OE somehow got messed up and I was having difficulty configuring
    > it for gmail or my ISP. TB worked "first time" and still has most of the
    > "look and feel" of OE.
    >
    > BUT there are a few features of OE that I still would like to have. They
    > include:
    >
    > 1) Having one of the "filter" actions include adding color to the listing
    > of the post.

    lets see what I can do. Filtering: yes, its called tagging.
    You'll see it when you create a filter. Or, hit the
    numbers 1 to 5 on the number pad

    > 2) Having a "Read Next Un-Read" button.

    right click on the top toolbar, and select customize. Or, I
    think its View, Toolbars, Customize. And you'll find
    additional buttons there.

    > 3) Deleting an entire un-expanded e-mail thread with one "click."

    OE really doesn't delete anything. It just removes it from
    your view. TB doesn't do that.

    > As far as I can determine, these "features" aren't yet available in TB.
    > Did I miss something?
    >
    > Again, I LOVE Thunderbird. I especially like that it doesn't automaticlly
    > download pictures from SPAM. I expect that my SPAM load will decrease in
    > the next few weeks.
    >
    > Thanks in advance.

    or Reply to Author. Thanks!

    http://www.toonopedia.com/potamus.htm
    Peter Potamus the Purple Hippo, Sep 2, 2007

  3. John Gilmer

    Ed Mullen Guest

    Peter Potamus the Purple Hippo wrote:
    > John Gilmer wrote:
    >> Hi:
    >> 3) Deleting an entire un-expanded e-mail thread with one "click."

    > OE really doesn't delete anything. It just removes it from your view.
    > TB doesn't do that.

    Actually, OE works quite similarly to TB and other Mozilla mail
    products. When you delete a message in either one it gets marked for
    deletion and moved to the trash (in OE - Deleted Items). There they
    stay until you empty the folder.

    --
    Ed Mullen
    http://edmullen.net
    Ed Mullen, Sep 2, 2007
  4. Ed Mullen wrote:
    > Peter Potamus the Purple Hippo wrote:
    >> John Gilmer wrote:
    >>> Hi:
    >>> 3) Deleting an entire un-expanded e-mail thread with one "click."

    >> OE really doesn't delete anything. It just removes it from your view.
    >> TB doesn't do that.
    >>

    > Actually, OE works quite similarly to TB and other Mozilla mail
    > products. When you delete a message in either one it gets marked for
    > deletion and moved to the trash (in OE - Deleted Items). There they
    > stay until you empty the folder.

    Drats!!!! Once again, I read wrong. I thought the OP was
    discussing newsgroup messages. Thats why I said what I
    said. Instead I should have read email messages, and what
    you say is correct.

    Peter Potamus the Purple Hippo, Sep 2, 2007