    name server settings in the system.. how can it be fixed ?

    --
    Fk

    XFakeX, Sep 18, 2004

  2. XFakeX

    Chuck Guest

    On Sat, 18 Sep 2004 20:48:07 +0200, "XFakeX" <*email_address_deleted*> wrote:

    >Hello, i've recently tried this excellent little problem called hijackthis
    >to clean my browser from trash (like that dreaded internet optimizer), but
    >lately i think i've ticked something wrong, couse my browsers (explorer and
    >firefox) can't open any website.. i guess maybe i've cleaned out the domain
    >name server settings in the system.. how can it be fixed ?

    HJT doesn't affect your DNS, except that when you remove spyware, sometimes it
    damages the LSP / Winsock. DNS resolution is affected by the LSP / Winsock
    subsystem.
    http://support.microsoft.com/?id=318584
    http://support.microsoft.com/?id=811259

    Give LSP-Fix and WinsockLSPFix a shot <http://www.cexx.org/lspfix.htm>

    With XP SP2, Start - Run - "cmd". Type "netsh winsock reset catalog" into the
    command window. If you had any custom, third party winsock entries, you may
    have to re install applications.

    If all else fails, reset TCP/IP.
    http://support.microsoft.com/?id=299357

    Start - Run - "cmd". Type "netsh int ip reset c:\netsh.txt" into the command
    window. Then reboot.

    Cheers,
    Chuck

    Chuck, Sep 19, 2004