    I have 40 xp machines in a domain enviroment. I want to add a user group to
    have Read, Write, and Execute permission to a folder and some files. Can
    this be accomplished through GPO? Thanks.
    Spring, Feb 27, 2004

  2. Spring

    Serhiy Guest

    Perhaps you should look at
    Computer configuration\Windows settings\Security settings\File system

    > I have 40 xp machines in a domain enviroment. I want to add a user group to
    > have Read, Write, and Execute permission to a folder and some files. Can
    > this be accomplished through GPO? Thanks.

    Regards,
    Serhiy Kuzhanov
    MCSE, MCSA, CCNP, CCDA, Network+, Security+
    More info can be found at http://www.kuzhanov.net
    Serhiy, Feb 27, 2004

  3. Spring

    Roger Abell Guest

    ????

    better hit the books . . .

    --
    Roger Abell
    MCSE (W2k3,W2k,Nt4) MCDBA
    "Waz" <> wrote in message
    > No, but you can create a DFS and then apply the permission on the folder,

    which is as good as having GPO applied.

    Roger Abell, Feb 29, 2004
  4. Spring

    Roger Abell Guest

    Yes, and No.

    The Filestore part of a template can set permissions on NTFS objects.
    If you block inheritance in doing so you need to define the precise NTFS
    ACLing that is needed. You can also only add new explicit ACEs that
    augment the inherited ACL.

    The No is because this is only possible with AD based GPO. The filestore
    settings are not managed by the policy engine for machine local policy.
    --
    Roger Abell
    MCSE (W2k3,W2k,Nt4) MCDBA

    Roger Abell, Feb 29, 2004
  5. Spring

    Consultant Guest

    are you don?

    Consultant, Mar 1, 2004
  6. >are you don?

    ... could be his mom (where are those cookies!!!).

    Kline Sphere (Chalk) MCNGP #3
    The Poster Formerly Known as Kline Sphere, Mar 1, 2004
  7. >????

    >better hit the books . . .

    lol!

    Kline Sphere (Chalk) MCNGP #3
    The Poster Formerly Known as Kline Sphere, Mar 1, 2004