    there is a way to get it back? I'm sure Google keeps a copy of
    everything rite?
    , Nov 7, 2008

  2. Guest

    Re: Can Google web history be restored after accidentaly deletingall??

    On Nov 7, 5:17 am, "philo" <> wrote:
    > <> wrote in message

    > > I accidentaly deleted all of my google web history. I was wondering if
    > > there is a way to get it back? I'm sure Google keeps a copy of
    > > everything rite?

    > probably...
    > so just email them and ask them for all your history back?
    >
    > But seriously, if you deleted it , it's gone...
    >
    > however, you *might* be able to use system restore
    > and see if it was kept in a restore point?
    >
    > Go to system restore and take the machine back to a time prior to your
    > deletion
    >
    > then open Google and see if your history has been retained

    Google web history is stored on the google server online. If i restore
    my computer that will do nothing since the web history was cleared on
    the google server when you sign into google web history. So i need
    help with this.
    , Nov 7, 2008

  3. Whiskers Guest

    On 2008-11-07, philo <> wrote:

    > <> wrote in message
    > On Nov 7, 5:17 am, "philo" <> wrote:
    >> <> wrote in message

    >> > I accidentaly deleted all of my google web history. I was wondering if
    >> > there is a way to get it back? I'm sure Google keeps a copy of
    >> > everything rite?

    >> probably...
    >> so just email them and ask them for all your history back?
    >>
    >> But seriously, if you deleted it , it's gone...
    >>
    >> however, you *might* be able to use system restore
    >> and see if it was kept in a restore point?
    >>
    >> Go to system restore and take the machine back to a time prior to your
    >> deletion
    >>
    >> then open Google and see if your history has been retained

    > Google web history is stored on the google server online. If i restore
    > my computer that will do nothing since the web history was cleared on
    > the google server when you sign into google web history. So i need
    > help with this.
    >

    > Ok
    >
    > I thought you cleared it locally.
    >
    > If it was on the server you'd have to have Google perform some forensic work
    > and I'd be surprised if they'd do it unless you were the CIA

    I'd be glad if Google could be trusted to forget anything
    <http://www.dashes.com/anil/2007/04/google-web-hist.html>.

    Fortunately I seldom use Google for anything these days.

    Ask.com take a slightly more reassuring approach to privacy and security
    <http://sp.uk.ask.com/en/docs/about/askeraser.shtml>.

    --
    -- ^^^^^^^^^^
    -- Whiskers
    Whiskers, Nov 7, 2008
  4. Guest

    wrote:

    >Google web history is stored on the google server online. If i restore
    >my computer that will do nothing since the web history was cleared on
    >the google server when you sign into google web history. So i need
    >help with this.

    I would use a macro to do this.

    Type your search terms, then have it go to google search bar, and
    appended to a text file of your previous searches.

    http://powerpro.webeddie.com/ is what I use, not for what you want;
    but could be configured to do so. It does have a high learning curve.

    Google: macro key

    Lots of free macro programs

    --

    http://i37.tinypic.com/bfkyz6.jpg