    Like can i use omea reader or opera as a newsreader client to fetch
    content from google groups??

    Thanks
    ashjas, Jul 11, 2006

  2. Re: Can google groups work as a news server so that i can use a newsreaderto fetch updated content in the news client??

    ashjas wrote:
    > Can google groups work as a news server so that i can use a newsreader
    > to fetch updated content in the news client??
    >
    > Like can i use omea reader or opera as a newsreader client to fetch
    > content from google groups??

    See my other reply to you. Google Groups is a complete, total and
    idiotic way to use newsgroups. Get over it.
    =?ISO-8859-1?Q?R=F4g=EAr?=, Jul 11, 2006

  3. ashjas

    Whiskers Guest

    On 2006-07-11, ashjas <> wrote:
    > Can google groups work as a news server so that i can use a newsreader
    > to fetch updated content in the news client??

    No.

    > Like can i use omea reader or opera as a newsreader client to fetch
    > content from google groups??

    No.

    --
    -- ^^^^^^^^^^
    -- Whiskers
    Whiskers, Jul 11, 2006
  4. ashjas

    Evgeny Guest

    > See my other reply to you. Google Groups is a complete, total and
    > idiotic way to use newsgroups. Get over it.

    WHY IDIOTIC???
    THE BEST!!!
    The main problem is money when you are on dial-up like me... ;((
    But Google Groups is FREE and COSTS THIS dial-up money!!! ;))
    Evgeny, Jul 29, 2006
  5. Evgeny wrote:
    >> See my other reply to you. Google Groups is a complete, total and
    >> idiotic way to use newsgroups. Get over it.

    > WHY IDIOTIC???
    > THE BEST!!!
    > The main problem is money when you are on dial-up like me... ;((
    > But Google Groups is FREE and COSTS THIS dial-up money!!! ;))

    Because Googel Groups ruined these newsgroups when they started offering
    them. It attracted too many Trolls, spammers, phishers, etc.

    Your ISP should offer a server to access these newsgroups with a different
    newsreader. Usually the servers name is (or com)

    (Note: not a real link if you haven't guessed.)

    Usenet used to be called "hidden half of the internet." Now it's lost it's
    charm.
    And before that, Usenet used to BE the internet.
    Randall Smith, Jul 30, 2006