  1. dann

    dann Guest

    if so how do i do it?
    dann, Jul 27, 2006

  2. dann

    dann Guest

    sorry i mean in the sense of shortest distance via roads like route
    planner!.
    dann, Jul 27, 2006

  3. dann wrote:

    > if so how do i do it?

    Enter something like: new york, ny to wheeling, wv
    in the Fly To field, or click the Directions tab and enter one city in
    each field. The distance will be shown after the list of turns.

    Rather intuitive, I thought...

    --
    -bts
    -Warning: I brake for lawn deer
    Beauregard T. Shagnasty, Jul 27, 2006
  4. "Beauregard T. Shagnasty" <> wrote in
    message
    > dann wrote:
    >
    >> if so how do i do it?

    > Enter something like: new york, ny to wheeling, wv
    > in the Fly To field, or click the Directions tab and enter one city
    > in
    > each field. The distance will be shown after the list of turns.
    >
    > Rather intuitive, I thought...
    >
    > --
    > -bts
    > -Warning: I brake for lawn deer

    Really? I happen to have Google Earth, just did the update 4.0, too -
    but anyway, anyone who has it
    should KNOW how to use it (as with any downloaded/CD program) by
    looking for the "HELP" button. It explains everything about the
    program you are to use. To make this short, yes, Beau T. is correct -
    type in the "Fly to" field or the Directions, enter your destination
    address (if known, or street, city, state), then click "Fly to" or
    "Get Directions" and you're there. How simple is that?
    Chawco the Cock-a-tiel, Jul 27, 2006
  5. dann

    Top Guest

    dann laid this down on his screen :
    > if so how do i do it?

    You can't get there from here.

    --

    44 Magnum - Retroactive birthcontrol.
    Top, Jul 27, 2006
  6. Re: can google earth calculate the shortest distance between 2points

    It was on Thu, 27 Jul 2006 04:00:31 +0000, that Top wrote:

    > dann laid this down on his screen :
    >> if so how do i do it?

    > You can't get there from here.

    And to get to there, I wouldn't have started from here in the first place!

    --
    A child of five would understand this.
    Send someone to fetch a child of five.
    William Poaster, Jul 27, 2006
  7. On Thu, 27 Jul 2006 13:07:47 +0100, William Poaster wrote:

    >> You can't get there from here.

    > And to get to there, I wouldn't have started from here in the first place!

    Where?

    --
    Gary G. Taylor * Pomona, CA * 34.074°N 117.754°W
    gary [] donavan [] org * http://www [] donavan [] org
    Gary G. Taylor, Jul 29, 2006
  8. Re: can google earth calculate the shortest distance between 2points

    . <------ Here!

    --
    WinErr 001
    Windows loaded - System in danger
    William Poaster, Jul 29, 2006
  9. Re: can google earth calculate the shortest distance between 2points

    It was on Fri, 28 Jul 2006 22:42:19 -0500, that Mara wrote:

    > On Sat, 29 Jul 2006 02:19:52 GMT, "Gary G. Taylor" <>
    > wrote:

    >>> And to get to there, I wouldn't have started from here in the first place!

    >>Where?

    > Over yonder.

    That's the next village along from Over Easy.

    William Poaster, Jul 29, 2006
  10. dann

    Jimchip Guest

    On 2006-07-29, William Poaster <> wrote:
    > It was on Fri, 28 Jul 2006 22:42:19 -0500, that Mara wrote:
    >
    >> On Sat, 29 Jul 2006 02:19:52 GMT, "Gary G. Taylor" <>
    >> wrote:

    >>>Where?

    >> Over yonder.

    > That's the next village along from Over Easy.

    Yes, it's just before Scrambled but that road is pretty rough.

    --
    A language that doesn't have everything is actually easier to program
    in than some that do. -- Dennis M. Ritchie
    Jimchip, Jul 29, 2006
  11. dann

    Top Guest

    Mara explained :
    > On Sat, 29 Jul 2006 02:19:52 GMT, "Gary G. Taylor" <>
    > wrote:

    >>> And to get to there, I wouldn't have started from here in the first place!

    >> Where?

    > Over yonder.

    Down the road a piece, around the bend and through the hollar.

    --

    44 Magnum - Retroactive birthcontrol.
    Top, Jul 29, 2006
  12. dann

    Jimchip Guest

    On 2006-07-29, Mara <> wrote:
    > On Sat, 29 Jul 2006 16:14:26 -0000, Jimchip <>
    > wrote:

    >>> That's the next village along from Over Easy.

    >>Yes, it's just before Scrambled but that road is pretty rough.

    > That's because it's paved with Good Intentions(tm).

    IIRC, there's a left turn that one has to take, then that's the road to
    Hell. It may not be Good Intentions, though, because trolls never think
    of travelling on that one.

    > "Sorry, couldn't resist."

    "Decease all resistance"

    Jimchip, Jul 29, 2006
  13. dann

    Rick Merrill Guest

    dann wrote:
    > sorry i mean in the sense of shortest distance via roads like route
    > planner!.

    You can just draw a great circle route. for "roads" use MAPS.GOOGLE.COM
    Rick Merrill, Jul 29, 2006