Can Firefox do encrypted wireless to DHL modem?

Discussion in 'Firefox' started by Martha Adams, Nov 14, 2005.

  1. Martha Adams

    Martha Adams Guest

    I've been reviewing what materials I could find, and I see nothing about
    wireless linking Firefox to modem. So maybe I just can't do that; but being
    not hasty, I'm asking about it here.

    Namely, I'm using plain old 'Outlook Express' and 'Internet Explorer' from
    my Averatec 3225HS laptop running Luz XP thru a wireless link to my Westell
    327W DHL modem. The wireless link is encrypted as I think is necessary for
    this application.

    My question is, can I add Firefox to my software menagerie, oops,
    collection, so that with the older software remaining in my laptop, I can
    use one or the other interchangeably? Thru my wireless-linked modem?

    I found some useful Firefox resources, but I did not find an answer to this
    question of mine. Help!!

    Thanks -- Martha Adams

    Martha Adams, Nov 14, 2005

  2. Martha Adams

    Jedi Fans Guest

    On 14/11/05 18:01, Martha Adams scribbled:
    > I've been reviewing what materials I could find, and I see nothing about
    > wireless linking Firefox to modem. So maybe I just can't do that; but being
    > not hasty, I'm asking about it here.
    >
    > Namely, I'm using plain old 'Outlook Express' and 'Internet Explorer' from
    > my Averatec 3225HS laptop running Luz XP thru a wireless link to my Westell
    > 327W DHL modem. The wireless link is encrypted as I think is necessary for
    > this application.
    >
    > My question is, can I add Firefox to my software menagerie, oops,
    > collection, so that with the older software remaining in my laptop, I can
    > use one or the other interchangeably? Thru my wireless-linked modem?
    >
    > I found some useful Firefox resources, but I did not find an answer to this
    > question of mine. Help!!
    >
    > Thanks -- Martha Adams

    If I understand correctly, you wanna know if firefox can still use your
    connection. IE is just an end user application, it has no part in any
    communication, it just requests the retrival of data and translates
    recieved data into human readable format[simplified]. Firefox is just
    like IE in this sense.

    What happens with your modem is not controlled by IE or firefox or
    whatever application uses it, it is the drivers for the modem that are
    installed on the computer that does the "thing". :p

    --
    Hope This Helped and MTFBWY...
    The Force Is With Me, SUSE Linux 10.0, Mozilla Firefox 1.5 RC1, Mozilla

    Jedi Fans, Nov 14, 2005