    DVD Player that plays region "1". Sellers of DVDs indicate that "0" can be
    played by any Player. Can anyone comment on this
    Thanks
    EJG, Sep 19, 2004

  2. EJG

    James Mourby Guest

    "EJG" <> wrote in message
    news:_qm3d.3336$PZ4.2200@trnddc06...
    >I was wondering if DVDs that state they are region "0" can be played on a
    > DVD Player that plays region "1". Sellers of DVDs indicate that "0" can
    > be
    > played by any Player. Can anyone comment on this
    > Thanks

    Region "0" is region-free and can be played by all regional settings.
    James Mourby, Sep 20, 2004

  3. EJG

    jayembee Guest

    "EJG" <> wrote:

    > I was wondering if DVDs that state they are region "0" can be played on a
    > DVD Player that plays region "1".

    Yes, they can.

    > Sellers of DVDs indicate that "0" can be played by any Player. Can anyone
    > comment on this

    Technically speaking, there is no "Region 0". It's a term used by the
    industry to indicate DVDs that are coded to play in all regions.

    -- jayembee
    jayembee, Sep 20, 2004
  4. EJG

    Biz Guest

    "EJG" <> wrote in message
    > I was wondering if DVDs that state they are region "0" can be played on a
    > DVD Player that plays region "1". Sellers of DVDs indicate that "0" can

    be
    > played by any Player. Can anyone comment on this
    > Thanks

    As long as your equipment can cope with NTSC/PAL issue if necessary, then
    yes, region "0", which is really all regions is playable in all players. In
    NA, you need special displays to deal with PAL though, Europe and Australia
    tend to have equipemtn that can deal with NTSC and PAL, but NA is purely
    NTSC unless you buy special equipment to handle the conversion to NTSC on
    the fly.
    Biz, Sep 20, 2004
  5. EJG

    EJG Guest