    I'm thinking that if the system is in "sleep" mode, it's not proccessing
    anything.....

    cheers.....'Ole [to reply: I live "@shaw.ca"]

    'Ole, Aug 25, 2005

  2. 'Ole

    Winged Guest

    Re: Can/do PC power saving features effectively turn off ZA and MNW?

    'Ole wrote:
    > If I have power saving features set to put my HD to sleep after XX minutes,
    > or place the system in "Sleep" mode, does this effectively deny a "software
    > based" firewall [ZA, B Ice etc..] and/or intrusion reporting software
    > [MyNetWatchman] from working ?
    >
    > I'm thinking that if the system is in "sleep" mode, it's not proccessing
    > anything.....

    > cheers.....'Ole [to reply: I live "@shaw.ca"]

    no system activity should wake it.

    winged

    Winged, Aug 25, 2005

  3. 'Ole

    Winged wrote:
    > 'Ole wrote:
    >
    >> If I have power saving features set to put my HD to sleep after XX
    >> minutes,
    >> or place the system in "Sleep" mode, does this effectively deny a
    >> "software
    >> based" firewall [ZA, B Ice etc..] and/or intrusion reporting software
    >> [MyNetWatchman] from working ?
    >>
    >> I'm thinking that if the system is in "sleep" mode, it's not proccessing
    >> anything.....
    >>
    >> --
    >>
    >> cheers.....'Ole [to reply: I live "@shaw.ca"]
    >>

    > no system activity should wake it.
    >
    > winged

    No, system activity will wake the HDD when the interrupt is called.
    This will increase latency somewhat. I read what I posted this AM, and
    realized the difference a comma can make.

    Winged

    Winged, Aug 25, 2005
  4. "'Ole" <> wrote in message
    > If I have power saving features set to put my HD to sleep after XX

    minutes,
    > or place the system in "Sleep" mode, does this effectively deny a

    "software
    > based" firewall [ZA, B Ice etc..] and/or intrusion reporting software
    > [MyNetWatchman] from working ?
    >
    > I'm thinking that if the system is in "sleep" mode, it's not proccessing
    > anything.....

    The working parts (in ZA's case TruVector) are hooked into the network
    layer. Anything that hits that will go through the relevant service *before*
    hitting a server/whatever requested the transmission..

    A delay (e.g. machine "waking up") only affects the time taken, not the
    processing order.

    HTH

    Hairy One Kenobi

    in the first place. So there!

    Hairy One Kenobi, Aug 27, 2005
  5. 'Ole

    'Ole Guest

    Re: Can/do PC power saving features effectively turn off ZA and MNW ?

    thanx.

    'Ole, Aug 29, 2005
  6. 'Ole

    'Ole Guest