    Which DVD players will they play on and will they play from a film file
    that was copied to a CD or does it have to be copied in a certain way in
    order to play on a DVD player that will play these files?

    DVD, Oct 13, 2005

  2. DVD

    gerry Guest

    Check out the Philips DVP642 DivX-Certified Progressive-Scan DVD
    Player. There are reviews of this player at amazon.com. The one I
    have had for a year works great. The only minor flaw is the remote
    control.

    gerry, Oct 13, 2005

  3. DVD

    Goro Guest

    gerry wrote:
    > Check out the Philips DVP642 DivX-Certified Progressive-Scan DVD
    > Player. There are reviews of this player at amazon.com. The one I
    > have had for a year works great. The only minor flaw is the remote
    > control.

    On a side note, Are there any DVDPlayers that will read teh Matroska
    container format?

    -goro-

    Goro, Oct 13, 2005
  4. DVD

    Biz Guest

    http://www.videohelp.com/dvdplayers...&country=&orderby=Name&hits=25&Submit2=Search

    You can choose any other features to search for as well...

    "DVD" <> wrote in message news:yMm3f.14705$Iq3.6977@trndny01...
    > I have some Divx and Xvid files which I put on a CD and they play on

    Windows

    Biz, Oct 13, 2005
  5. DVD

    Dan Marlin Guest

    goro.... ATM we are working with several compaines that are working on
    adding Matroska support for their hardware. None however are in a rush
    at the moment and we are avidly seeking and talking with 'chipset'
    companies to add support for it. My best guess is that you will not see
    anything till mid 2006... and mostly this will come once we add our
    menu system to 1.xx or our future 2.xx versions.

    Dan Marlin, Oct 13, 2005
  6. DVD

    Goro Guest

    Dan Marlin wrote:
    > goro.... ATM we are working with several compaines that are working on
    > adding Matroska support for their hardware. None however are in a rush
    > at the moment and we are avidly seeking and talking with 'chipset'
    > companies to add support for it. My best guess is that you will not see
    > anything till mid 2006... and mostly this will come once we add our
    > menu system to 1.xx or our future 2.xx versions.

    Thanks Dan, this is great news indeed and I applaud all the people
    working on it. Thank GWAD I can escape from .AVIs and have a nice
    robust system!

    I'll keep an eye out and hopefully when some of these chipsets start
    making it out, you'll let us all know.

    btw, the menu system isn't going to be as gwad-awful as DVDs, is it? i
    friggin HATE animating (non-bypassable) menus.

    -goro-

    Goro, Oct 13, 2005