    My friend deleted some email and then proceded to empty the deleted folder. Is it possible, at this
    point, to recover any of those emails?

    Tony

    Tony, Sep 5, 2003

  2. Tony

    Ghost Guest

    In article <>,
    wrote:

    > My friend deleted some email and then proceded to empty the deleted

    folder. Is it possible, at this
    > point, to recover any of those emails?
    >
    > Tony

    Generally, no. Perhaps with a forensic examination, but even then it is iffy.

    Ghost, Sep 5, 2003

  3. On Fri, 05 Sep 2003 22:19:21 GMT, Tony <> wrote:

    >My friend deleted some email and then proceded to empty the deleted folder. Is it possible, at this
    >point, to recover any of those emails?
    >
    >Tony

    Back in the old DOS days, Norton Disk Editor would do this quite
    well...

    There have been programs (Lost and Found is one that comes to mind)
    that will do this to a limited degree, but I don't know how effective
    they are.

    Tom

    Tom MacIntyre, Sep 6, 2003
  4. Tony

    Ghost Guest

    In article <>,
    wrote:

    > On Fri, 05 Sep 2003 22:19:21 GMT, Tony <> wrote:
    >
    > >My friend deleted some email and then proceded to empty the deleted

    folder. Is it possible, at this
    > >point, to recover any of those emails?
    > >
    > >Tony

    > Back in the old DOS days, Norton Disk Editor would do this quite
    > well...
    >
    > There have been programs (Lost and Found is one that comes to mind)
    > that will do this to a limited degree, but I don't know how effective
    > they are.
    >
    > Tom

    Actually, not really... Emails are not saved as seperate files on a HDD..
    they are part of an existing file (email box). That file is rewritten
    when you close the mail program. In most cases without a forensics
    examination, you will not recover those lost emails- even in DOS.

    In many cases, even with a forensics examination you will not recover the
    files either.

    Basically, if the email still resides in slack space, it might be able to
    recovered.

    Ghost, Sep 6, 2003