Can data from a SW port use an ISL on LW ports?

Discussion in 'Cisco' started by james.m.ellen@googlemail.com, Sep 8, 2008.

  1. Guest

    I have a FC SAN Fabric so all the ISLs are over SW 850nm links. The
    ISLs are in a transit VSAN and I use IVRs to access remote resources.
    This was all set up by the vendor that supplied the kit.

    I now need to add FICON to the SAN to connect Z/Os to IBM Tapes. So
    the FICON comes in on LW 1300nm ports.

    I intend to create additional ISLs using LW 1300nm ports to allow me
    to create Cascaded FICON VSANs.

    I was just wondering could I create a port channel that contains both
    SW and LW ports that would allow FICON and FCP traffic to utilise the
    bigger ISL pipe? The traffic would be isolated within the VSANs.

    When a signal comes into a switch does it stay at the same frequency
    preventing a 850nm signal to use a 1300nm port out?

    Any help appreciated

    , Sep 8, 2008