    have issues with this one laptop running XP. Apart from upgrading to Vista on
    this troublesome laptop (which I can't do as it's an employer provided one),
    would be grateful for any suggestions.

    Rohan, Jan 16, 2009

  2. Rohan

    lk Guest

    You might be getting some competition with other wireless networks near your
    home.
    Use your PC's wireless utility and view wireless networks in your
    neighborhood. Pay attention to the channel of your network and others with
    the same channel. If there are several with same channel, change your
    router to a different (vacant) channel, all the other devices in your home
    will follow to that channel automatically (usually).

    lk, Jan 16, 2009