    SniperSquad Guest

    Hi all, I was just wondering is it possible to get CIsco ATA 186 to work
    behind a router?? If so, what procedures that I need to do to get it work?

    SniperSquad, Jan 2, 2004

  2. >Hi all, I was just wondering is it possible to get CIsco ATA 186 to work
    >behind a router?? If so, what procedures that I need to do to get it work?

    The entire Internet is behind one kind of router or another, so I
    presume you're asking if you can run one behind a router that does
    network address translation.

    Yes you can. Just plug it in. If it's using the standard ports, the
    router should pass the traffic without doing anything special.

    I plugged my Vonage ATA into a D-Link NAT router on a DSL connection
    last week and it worked fine.

    John R. Levine, Jan 2, 2004

  3. SniperSquad

    SniperSquad Guest

    Sorry, i was refering to a Draytek V 2600 4 ports ADSL router.
    So It would work?? I don't need to open up any ports??
    "John R. Levine" <> ¼¶¼g©ó¶l¥ó·s»D
    :bt4il3$af8$...

    SniperSquad, Jan 2, 2004