    nevermind say its premier on HBO/Showtime (heck sometimes by the time
    it shows up on HBO I a DVD of it already sitting on a shelf)?
    , Nov 22, 2005

  2. On 22 Nov 2005 06:12:02 -0800, Gave us:

    >Frankly if they (cable) have had to resort to stuff like On Demand
    >freebies already for the competition generated by the DISH and DVD how
    >on earth are they going to compete with say direct Internet Downloads
    >of new movies that could even beat the release dates of it on DVD???
    >DVDs which now beat the offerings now available on even cable PPV
    >nevermind say its premier on HBO/Showtime (heck sometimes by the time
    >it shows up on HBO I a DVD of it already sitting on a shelf)?

    Do you make any posts that aren't totally retarded?

    You won't ever be internet downloading movies legitimately prior to
    a DVD release, if ever at all.

    That would be like shooting one's self in the foot. Spending the
    money on pressing a million or more DVDs of a film, then letting folks
    DL it instead... Hmmm... Seems kinda low on the likelihood meter.
    NunYa Bidness, Nov 22, 2005

  3. Guest

    NunYa Bidness wrote:
    > On 22 Nov 2005 06:12:02 -0800, Gave us:
    >

    > >Frankly if they (cable) have had to resort to stuff like On Demand
    > >freebies already for the competition generated by the DISH and DVD how
    > >on earth are they going to compete with say direct Internet Downloads

    > >of new movies that could even beat the release dates of it on DVD???
    > >DVDs which now beat the offerings now available on even cable PPV
    > >nevermind say its premier on HBO/Showtime (heck sometimes by the time
    > >it shows up on HBO I a DVD of it already sitting on a shelf)?

    > Do you make any posts that aren't totally retarded?

    Yeah all the time...but as in your case it is obvious that I cannot
    guarantee they will not be read by Retards who cannot understand them.

    > You won't ever be internet downloading movies legitimately prior to
    > a DVD release, if ever at all.

    Read and THINK before you post!

    The operative words are COULD BEAT!

    And now ask yourself how many made for TV and made for Cable TV movies
    alone are put out each and every year which would be seen first say on
    TBS or CBS or TNT (or on one of dozens of other channels) with all the
    ads, then it is offered for downloading.

    Now ask yourself if it is such an impossibility that if it has good
    drawing power (or in this case good Downloading power) could not it
    then be released on DVD with all the extras thrown in with it?

    > That would be like shooting one's self in the foot. Spending the
    > money on pressing a million or more DVDs of a film, then letting folks
    > DL it instead... Hmmm... Seems kinda low on the likelihood meter.

    How many years has it been since DVD titles have come out (and how long
    has it been that DVD players have come down into the same price range
    as VCR's) and yet they are still putting out new titles on old obsolete
    VHS tape???

    And BTW how many people who would want to own the title have computers
    or TIVO even? And of course there are people out there for one reason
    or another like to own things even though they have already seen and
    recorded them.

    Heck I have recorded all the Sopranos episodes (and many of them made
    for HBO movies and comedy specials) and yet when a boxset comes out
    likely as not I will eventually buy it!
    , Nov 23, 2005