    software automatically selects my 'e' drive and I can't find a way of
    changing it to use my 'd' drive. Hope this makes sense! I have windows
    xp. Thanks!
    lisa, May 4, 2005

  2. lisa

    old jon Guest

    Hi Lisa most burning software will allow you to select Source and
    destination to do a burn. Are you sure your looking hard enough ?. I usually
    burn from the hard drive, `cos we tend to have CD and DVD devices on the
    same IDE cable. best wishes..J

    "lisa" <> wrote in message
    > When I try to burn cd's I get the error message 'please insert a blank
    > disc' or 'there is no disk in the drive' yet it works fine reading
    > cd's or burning dvd's. I have used this drive to burn cd's in the past
    > with no problem and have tried a number of programs (acoustica, media
    > player, nero) so it isn't the software.

    snip
    old jon, May 4, 2005

  3. lisa

    lisa Guest

    On Wed, 04 May 2005 08:27:39 GMT, "old jon"
    <> wrote:

    >Hi Lisa most burning software will allow you to select Source and
    >destination to do a burn. Are you sure your looking hard enough ?. I usually
    >burn from the hard drive, `cos we tend to have CD and DVD devices on the
    >same IDE cable. best wishes..J

    Thanks for the reply! can you tell me where to look to change the
    destination? - I'm not usually that bad with stuff like this but I'm
    at a loss here. I've got Acoustica, Sonic Stage, Nero and can't find
    anywhere to do it on either! Thanks.
    lisa, May 4, 2005
  4. lisa

    old jon Guest

    Sadly I don`t use those Swares, I use Roxio, but I`ll bet one of the Nero
    guys will be back to you soon. best wishes..J

    old jon, May 4, 2005
  5. lisa

    old jon Guest

    ps. you could check in the Nero helpfile. (silly old man that I am.)..J

    old jon, May 4, 2005
  6. lisa

    lisa Guest

    On Wed, 04 May 2005 09:23:43 GMT, "old jon"
    <> wrote:

    >ps. you could check in the Nero helpfile. (silly old man that I am.)..J

    It's ok - I've found how to change it in Acoustica. You were right, I
    wasn't looking very hard! Thanks anyway!
    lisa, May 4, 2005