    Just so i know if i should buy it or not.

    Cheers - merry Christmas

    Max
    Max, Dec 23, 2003

  2. Max wrote:

    > Hello,
    >
    > My dad has an amd k62-550 with 128mb ram, win98 (will probably upgrade to
    > 2000 or xp for xmas for him) and i also want to give him a better graphics
    > card because he cant play his tomb raider games.
    >
    > on the pcworld.co.uk website all the ati radeon 9600 cards say they need min
    > PII , is the k6-2 the equivelant of a PII.
    >
    > Just so i know if i should buy it or not.
    >
    > Cheers - merry Christmas
    >
    > Max

    If memory serves,it was when AMD came out with the Athlon series of
    chips that they were equivalent to PII chips. The K6-2's were more of
    the original Pentium class.
    =?ISO-8859-1?Q?R=F4g=EAr?=, Dec 24, 2003

  3. Max

    MrToad Guest

    "Max" <> Ran in the back door and shouted

    > Hello,
    >
    > My dad has an amd k62-550 with 128mb ram, win98 (will probably upgrade
    > to 2000 or xp for xmas for him) and i also want to give him a better
    > graphics card because he cant play his tomb raider games.
    >
    > on the pcworld.co.uk website all the ati radeon 9600 cards say they
    > need min PII , is the k6-2 the equivelant of a PII.
    >
    > Just so i know if i should buy it or not.
    >
    > Cheers - merry Christmas
    >
    > Max

    Your AGP connector is most likely AGP 1x; @3.3v
    If this is the case, no it probably won't work....
    The 9600 is rated for AGP 4x; @1.5v
    You'll need a motherboard that supports at least AGP 2x, [1.5v & 3.3v].

    --
    MrToad
    MrToad, Dec 24, 2003