    if so, do you remember what the movie was called?

    Thanks very much for any help!
    , Aug 9, 2004

  2. Jeannie Guest

    <> wrote in message
    news:...
    > Hello, I remember seeing a movie some years back in which one
    > character--a passenger on a train--saw a murder take place on another
    > train passing by. Does this scenario strike anyone as familiar, and
    > if so, do you remember what the movie was called?
    >
    > Thanks very much for any help!

    I think it was called "Murder She Said" and was released in the early
    sixties. Originally story was from an Agatha Christie "Miss Marple" book I
    think

    ---
    Jeannie, Aug 9, 2004

  3. RonB Guest

    wrote on 09 Aug 2004:

    > Hello, I remember seeing a movie some years back in which one
    > character--a passenger on a train--saw a murder take place on another
    > train passing by. Does this scenario strike anyone as familiar, and
    > if so, do you remember what the movie was called?
    >
    > Thanks very much for any help!

    "Murder, She Said" was released in 1961 and it would meet the requirments.
    I don't know how old of a movie you're looking for. Never saw it, just did
    a search for "murder on a passing train" on Google.

    It's synopsis from Rotten Tomatoes:

    "Dozing in her train seat, English gentlewoman Miss Jane Marple awakens in
    time to witness a dreadful strangulation aboard a passing train. When she
    cries 'murder!' to the police, they reply that she 'was only dreaming.'
    Undaunted, she sets out to uncover the truth, even if it means uncovering
    an extra body or two."

    ---
    Cast:
    Margaret Rutherford, Arthur Kennedy, Muriel Pavlow, James Robertson
    Justice, Charles Tingwell

    Director:
    George Pollock
    ---

    This movie is based on an Agatha Christie novel.

    Hope some of this helps.

    --
    RonB
    "There's a story there...somewhere"
    RonB, Aug 9, 2004
  4. >a passenger on a train--saw a murder take place on another
    > train passing by.

    It could be Murder She Said.
    Grant Hurlock, Aug 9, 2004
  5. In article <>,
    posted:
    > Hello, I remember seeing a movie some years back in which one
    > character--a passenger on a train--saw a murder take place on another
    > train passing by. Does this scenario strike anyone as familiar, and
    > if so, do you remember what the movie was called?
    >
    > Thanks very much for any help!

    Yes -- here:

    http://imdb.com/title/tt0055205/

    Jai Maharaj
    http://www.mantra.com/jai
    Om Shanti
    Dr. Jai Maharaj, Aug 9, 2004
  6. Tony Spadaro Guest

    Murder She Said with Margaret Rutherford as Miss Marple. If you saw the TV
    version I believe the original English title was 4:15 from Paddington. THat
    one had Joan Hickson as Miss Marple.
    THere is also a possibility you are thinking of "Lady on a Train" in
    which the murder takes place in a tenement as the train is leaving an
    elevated station.

    --
    http://www.chapelhillnoir.com
    home of The Camera-ist's Manifesto

    Tony Spadaro, Aug 9, 2004
  7. John Howells Guest

    "Tony Spadaro" <> wrote

    > .. If you saw the TV
    > version I believe the original English title was 4:15 from Paddington.

    You're 35 mins early - 4:50 from Paddington :)

    John Howells
    John Howells, Aug 9, 2004
  8. Guest

    Thanks, all!

    (Dr. Jai Maharaj) wrote in message news:<hgdPxtwSWVHpljL@YeIijGaQesw>...
    > In article <>,
    > posted:
    > > Hello, I remember seeing a movie some years back in which one
    > > character--a passenger on a train--saw a murder take place on another
    > > train passing by. Does this scenario strike anyone as familiar, and
    > > if so, do you remember what the movie was called?
    > >
    > > Thanks very much for any help!

    > Yes -- here:
    >
    > http://imdb.com/title/tt0055205/
    >
    > Jai Maharaj
    > http://www.mantra.com/jai
    > Om Shanti
    , Aug 9, 2004
  9. Tony Spadaro Guest

    I like to have a chance to hang around the station and have a coffee.
    Thank's for the correction.

    Tony Spadaro, Aug 9, 2004
  10. Tarzan Guest

    Was that with that French actor