    neville Guest

    Do you need some program to make one.Im thinking about making one and being
    in control of the posts.
    neville, Mar 25, 2005

  2. neville

    dadiOH Guest

    neville wrote:
    > Do you need some program to make one.Im thinking about making one and
    > being in control of the posts.

    Your chances of success would be slightly improved if you change your
    goal to becoming hall monitor.

    --
    dadiOH
    ____________________________

    dadiOH's dandies v3.06...
    dadiOH, Mar 25, 2005

  3. neville

    Spider Guest

    Spider, Mar 25, 2005
  4. "neville" <> wrote in

    > Do you need some program to make one.Im thinking about making one and
    > being in control of the posts.

    Now, there's a brand-new original and unique concept which I've never
    heard of before in the past.

    Perhaps, goto news://alt.config

    Those folks may be really helpful with information on how you could best
    implement your ideas quickly and efficiently and maybe even immediately,
    if not sooner.

    Maybe, also get out on IRC, EFnet would be a good network to start out
    on, open up a new channel appropriately named to illustrate the subject
    or topic, then set yourself up as exclusive chanop, and see how it works
    out -- on an experimental scale of only a few million people. If you
    like it, and want to stick with it, and share enough information with
    like-minded folks, then gofer the full-blown world-wide monitored
    newsgroup concept.

    Best of luck.
    Reno Halapeeno, Mar 25, 2005
  5. neville

    Barry OGrady Guest

    no

    Barry
    Barry OGrady, Mar 25, 2005
  6. neville

    Joel Rubin Guest

    On Fri, 25 Mar 2005 10:40:20 -0000, "neville" <> wrote:

    >Do you need some program to make one.Im thinking about making one and being
    >in control of the posts.

    Anyone can post a control message creating a newsgroup. This does not
    mean that your newsgroup will even appear on your OWN server let alone
    a server for a big ISP like Earthlink or a premium/outsource news
    provider like Giganews or Supernews.

    Each news hierarchy has its own procedure. Usually this starts with a
    discussion in someplace like say ba.config if the newsgroup is in the
    ba. (San Francisco area) hierarchy.

    The "Big Seven" (Big 8? whatever?) hierarchies have the most formal
    procedures with a sorta democratic vote. (The last vote I remember was
    a no stampede against a Nazi-ish music group. I think a Nazi n.g.
    would have been a good place to isolate, marginalize and monitor
    Nazis.)
    Joel Rubin, Mar 25, 2005