Can anyone say 'boot camp scam'?

Discussion in 'MCSE' started by Mike T., Feb 24, 2004.

  1. Mike T.

    Mike T. Guest

    1. Advertising

  2. Mike T.

    Ken Briscoe Guest

    > http://www.cnn.com/2004/TECH/ptech/02/23/schools.gobust.ap/index.html

    Damn Massholes.

    This sucks. Although the Xintra place they mention - it's not actually
    closed. Unless they closed for a short time and reopened, because I drive by
    there a few times a week, and there's always a class going on. You can see
    right in the window. Teacher. Students. Computers. Classroom. Black-market
    IT training, I guess.

    --

    KB - MCNGP "silent thug" #26

    Ken Briscoe, Feb 24, 2004

  3. Even the OPEN ones are a SCAM!!
    Haven't we ALL seen and heard those " A high paying IT career awaits
    you, if you just come to our school and get A+/CCNA/MCSE or whatever
    certified!!"!!

    WORLD CLASS BULLSHIT!!

    After borrowing/spending THOUSANDs of dollars these poor bastards hit
    the street only to find that that "high paying career" is nowhere to
    be found!!! With ZERO experience they are competing against tons of
    highly experienced guys willing to take ANY job for ANY salary....

    Many of these newbies try for a while and then give up and find
    themselves in a NEW career involving French Fry Distribution.....
    Their high tech training will pay off when the onion rings "ready"
    buzzer goes off!!

    THOSE schools should be held responsible for their blatant FALSE
    advertising!! Most of these people haven't got a clue! They fall for
    the "empty IT jobs are everywhere" shit and plunk their money
    down!Just my .02 cents.

    Open schools or closed it's still a scam!!

    Just my .02 cents.

    Thank ya' very much.

    Elvis

    Elvis the King, Feb 24, 2004
  4. Mike T.

    JaR Guest

    Elvis the King opined, On 2/24/04 3:33 PM:

    > Open schools or closed it's still a scam!!
    >

    > Just my .02 cents.

    Werd!
    JaR, Feb 24, 2004
  5. Not ALL Schools.....Not so "Werd"!
    Just those that "bend the truth" about what the IT job market REALLY
    is these days!
    Be honest and tell them that times are hard and they probably won't
    be easily getting that "high paying" job just yet....
    MAYBE after they get some experience and MAYBE if & when the IT
    market turns around a bit....
    I have met some of these poor bastards that spent all sorts of time
    and money only to find that no one would hire them at ANY price!
    If they tell them the straight story and they still want to get
    certified and take all the expensive training then that is great...

    Just my .02 cents.

    Thank ya' very much.

    Elvis

    Elvis the King, Feb 26, 2004