    secheese Guest

    Can anyone recommend a freeware digital watermarking utility? Or
    something similar?

    secheese, Nov 13, 2004

  2. secheese wrote:
    > Can anyone recommend a freeware digital watermarking utility? Or
    > something similar?

    Paint Shop Pro, not free though.

    David

    David J Taylor, Nov 13, 2004

  3. Bob Harrington, Nov 13, 2004
  4. secheese

    secheese Guest

    On Sat, 13 Nov 2004 06:52:02 GMT, secheese <>
    wrote:

    >Can anyone recommend a freeware digital watermarking utility? Or
    >something similar?

    Let me clarify my question. The type of digital watermark I'm talkin'
    about, are the ones that get encoded within the image, but are not
    visible on the image. Essentially, I'm looking for a freeware program
    that does something like this program:

    http://www.digimarc.com/watermark/mypicturemarc/

    secheese, Nov 13, 2004
  5. secheese

    Bones Guest

    "David J Taylor" <> wrote
    > secheese wrote:
    >> Can anyone recommend a freeware digital watermarking utility? Or
    >> something similar?

    > Paint Shop Pro, not free though.

    So the point of mentioning it would be ... ?

    Bones, Nov 13, 2004
  6. Bones wrote:
    > "David J Taylor" <> wrote
    >> secheese wrote:
    >>> Can anyone recommend a freeware digital watermarking utility? Or
    >>> something similar?

    >> Paint Shop Pro, not free though.

    > So the point of mentioning it would be ... ?

    It does the job the OP wants, and is so low priced that it's similar to
    freeware (compared to the price of other programs.....).

    David

    David J Taylor, Nov 13, 2004
  7. secheese <> writes:

    > On Sat, 13 Nov 2004 06:52:02 GMT, secheese <>
    > wrote:
    >
    > >Can anyone recommend a freeware digital watermarking utility? Or
    > >something similar?

    > Let me clarify my question. The type of digital watermark I'm talkin'
    > about, are the ones that get encoded within the image, but are not
    > visible on the image. Essentially, I'm looking for a freeware program
    > that does something like this program:
    >
    > http://www.digimarc.com/watermark/mypicturemarc/

    The ImageMagick tools (http://www.imagemagick.org) have a -comment option to
    add a text message (which I use for adding my copyright):

    -comment <string>
    annotate an image with a comment

    Use this option to assign a specific comment to the image, when
    writing to an image format that supports comments. You can
    include the image filename, type, width, height, or other image
    attribute by embedding special format characters listed under
    the -format option. The comment is not drawn on the image, but
    is embedded in the image datastream via a "Comment" tag or simi-
    lar mechanism. If you want the comment to be visible on the
    image itself, use the -draw option.

    For example,

    -comment "%m:%f %wx%h"

    produces an image comment of MIFF:bird.miff 512x480 for an image
    titled bird.miff and whose width is 512 and height is 480.

    If the first character of string is @, the image comment is read
    from a file titled by the remaining characters in the string.

    Also there is the following option:

    -stegano <offset>
    hide watermark within an image

    Use an offset to start the image hiding some number of pixels
    from the beginning of the image. Note this offset and the image
    size. You will need this information to recover the stegano-
    graphic image (e.g. display -size 320x256+35 stegano:image.png).

    --
    Michael Meissner
    email:

    Michael Meissner, Nov 14, 2004