    video recorder and can't figure where to utilize it, any suggestions? Will
    pay someone to install it if they know what they are doing. Just reply to
    this post or email thanks

    petergoldberg, Feb 3, 2004

  2. petergoldberg

    Night_Seer Guest

    petergoldberg wrote:
    > I have a Compaq 5340, which is 400 megahertz and Win98. Is it
    > possible to add firewire card and connection?
    >

    > Can someone add a firewire to this and can predict windows 98 would
    > be able to handle it? Will this allow me to see digital video ? I
    > have a min digital video recorder and can't figure where to utilize
    > it, any suggestions? Will pay someone to install it if they know what
    > they are doing. Just reply to this post or email
    > thanks

    It shouldn't be too hard, as long as all the proper drivers came with
    the card, and you have an open PCI slot. Open it up, touch a metal part
    of the case before handling the card. remove a back plate on an open
    PCI slot. Slip it in there, turn on your computer, and install the
    drivers.

    --
    Night_Seer

    Night_Seer, Feb 3, 2004

  3. petergoldberg

    Plato Guest

    petergoldberg wrote:

    > I have a Compaq 5340, which is 400 megahertz and Win98. Is it possible to
    > add firewire card and connection?

    If you have an empty PCI slot. Many econo brands do NOT.

    --
    http://www.bootdisk.com/

    Plato, Feb 3, 2004
  4. "Plato" <|@|.|> wrote in message
    > petergoldberg wrote:
    > >
    > > I have a Compaq 5340, which is 400 megahertz and Win98. Is it possible

    > > add firewire card and connection?

    > If you have an empty PCI slot. Many econo brands do NOT.
    >

    > --
    > http://www.bootdisk.com/

    Thanks guys, I might have to open it up. The last slot I remembered using
    was to for the ethernet card. Would a slot right next to there do? I am
    assuming yes. Now I have to see if there is another slot. Thanks again.
    Peter

    petergoldberg, Feb 3, 2004
  5. petergoldberg

    Night_Seer Guest

    petergoldberg wrote:
    > "Plato" <|@|.|> wrote in message
    >> petergoldberg wrote:
    >>>
    >>> I have a Compaq 5340, which is 400 megahertz and Win98. Is it
    >>> possible to add firewire card and connection?

    >> If you have an empty PCI slot. Many econo brands do NOT.
    >>

    >> --
    >> http://www.bootdisk.com/

    > Thanks guys, I might have to open it up. The last slot I remembered
    > using was to for the ethernet card. Would a slot right next to there
    > do? I am assuming yes. Now I have to see if there is another slot.
    > Thanks again. Peter

    It should do...not sure if your system has ISA slots, but those would be
    wrong, and it would only have maybe 1 or two of those. The longer slots
    are ISA, and the shorter ones should be the ones you want. It should
    fit perfectly.

    --
    Night_Seer

    Night_Seer, Feb 4, 2004