    outgoing provider, and would like the calls to go through the ata but
    use only one phone and not two separate ones for each service!

    Cheers, Bob

    bob garbutt, May 17, 2007

  2. bob garbutt

    Rob Guest

    "bob garbutt" <> wrote in message
    news:1qW2i.32065$...
    > hi,
    >
    > Is it possible to get a ata that would allow multiple sip providers? I
    > would like to be able to have a in-coming provider and a different
    > outgoing provider, and would like the calls to go through the ata but
    > use only one phone and not two separate ones for each service!

    My DrayTek Vigor 2800VG (VoIP router) handles multiple incoming and multiple
    outgoing providers.

    I believe some or all of the Fritz!Box series also have the same
    capabilities.

    Rob

    Rob, May 17, 2007

  3. bob garbutt

    bob garbutt Guest

    thanks rob, will have a look

    bob

    bob garbutt, May 17, 2007
  4. bob garbutt

    bob garbutt Guest

    are the fritz!box all adsl products? H I have cable broadband

    bob garbutt, May 17, 2007
  5. bob garbutt

    SBS Guest

    bob garbutt () ha scritto:

    :: are the fritz!box all adsl products?

    I think so. If you live in UK, then you need a Fritz!Box Fon
    ANNEX A, then don't purchase a german device but you
    need to buy an international version of those items.

    Have a look: www.fritzbox.eu and find out the distributor
    nearest you.

    The Fritz!Box Fon provides up to 10 available SIP account
    in a little plastic coloured box :)

    SBS, May 17, 2007
  6. bob garbutt

    Ivor Jones Guest

    > hi,
    >
    > Is it possible to get a ata that would allow multiple sip
    > providers? I would like to be able to have a in-coming
    > provider and a different outgoing provider, and would
    > like the calls to go through the ata but use only one
    > phone and not two separate ones for each service!

    Any of the AVM Fritz!Box range will do this. You can have up to 10 SIP
    accounts into 2 or 3 (depending on model) phone ports.

    For a simpler arrangement, a Sipura SPA-1001 would do what you want (2
    accounts, 1 phone port), but they are becoming hard to find now. Someone
    will be along to point you at a supplier soon, I''m sure ;-)

    Ivor

    Ivor Jones, May 17, 2007
  7. bob garbutt

    Ivor Jones Guest

    "SBS" <no.spam@me> wrote in message
    > bob garbutt () ha scritto:
    >
    > > > are the fritz!box all adsl products?

    > I think so. If you live in UK, then you need a Fritz!Box
    > Fon ANNEX A, then don't purchase a german device but you
    > need to buy an international version of those items.
    >
    > Have a look: www.fritzbox.eu and find out the distributor
    > nearest you.
    >
    > The Fritz!Box Fon provides up to 10 available SIP account
    > in a little plastic coloured box :)

    You can use them on cable without using the ADSL modem by using one of the
    ethernet ports as a WAN port. Alternatively there is a router-only device
    with no modem but it's not widely available in the UK.

    Ivor

    Ivor Jones, May 17, 2007
  8. bob garbutt

    bob garbutt Guest

    thanks Ivor,

    I've found one here,
    http://www.voipon.co.uk/linksys-spa...er-p-41.html?gclid=CJjqyabElYwCFSYgEAodvzEDdA

    bob garbutt, May 17, 2007
  9. bob garbutt

    Ivor Jones Guest

    Ivor Jones, May 17, 2007
  10. bob garbutt

    Guest

    On Thu, 17 May 2007 17:17:57 +0100, "Ivor Jones"
    <> wrote:

    Oh deary deary me TOUGH .

    >"bob garbutt" <> wrote in message
    >> thanks Ivor,
    >>
    >> I've found one here,
    >> http://www.voipon.co.uk/linksys-spa...er-p-41.html?gclid=CJjqyabElYwCFSYgEAodvzEDdA

    >Glad to hear it. BTW could I please ask that you don't top post, it's not
    >the convention for this group and it makes threads hard to follow.

    , May 17, 2007
  11. bob garbutt

    Ivor Jones Guest

    <> wrote in message
    > On Thu, 17 May 2007 17:17:57 +0100, "Ivor Jones"
    > <> wrote:
    >
    > Oh deary deary me TOUGH .

    Hello Ron.

    Ivor

    Ivor Jones, May 17, 2007
  12. bob garbutt

    Jono Guest

    on 17/05/2007, Ivor Jones supposed :
    > <> wrote in message
    >> On Thu, 17 May 2007 17:17:57 +0100, "Ivor Jones"
    >> <> wrote:
    >>
    >> Oh deary deary me TOUGH .

    > Hello Ron.
    >
    > Ivor

    Hmm....I'm not sure.....has he gone back to cable?

    Jono, May 17, 2007
  13. bob garbutt

    Ivor Jones Guest

    "Jono" <> wrote in message
    > on 17/05/2007, Ivor Jones supposed :
    > > <> wrote in message
    > > > On Thu, 17 May 2007 17:17:57 +0100, "Ivor Jones"
    > > > <> wrote:
    > > >
    > > > Oh deary deary me TOUGH .

    > > Hello Ron.
    > >
    > > Ivor

    > Hmm....I'm not sure.....has he gone back to cable?

    Dunno, but posts so far all have his hallmark. He has been quiet lately,
    maybe he got cut off..?!

    Ivor

    Ivor Jones, May 17, 2007
  14. bob garbutt

    Guest

    On Thu, 17 May 2007 20:11:15 +0100, Jono <>
    wrote:

    >on 17/05/2007, Ivor Jones supposed :
    >> <> wrote in message
    >>> On Thu, 17 May 2007 17:17:57 +0100, "Ivor Jones"
    >>> <> wrote:
    >>>
    >>> Oh deary deary me TOUGH .

    >> Hello Ron.
    >>
    >> Ivor

    >Hmm....I'm not sure.....has he gone back to cable?

    Like I remarked the other day when this pillock accused me of being
    him he sees Ron around every corner, it's really a wonder he can sleep
    at nights .

    , May 17, 2007
  15. bob garbutt

    SBS Guest

    SBS, May 17, 2007
  16. In article <1qW2i.32065$>,
    bob garbutt <> wrote:
    >hi,
    >
    >Is it possible to get a ata that would allow multiple sip providers? I
    >would like to be able to have a in-coming provider and a different
    >outgoing provider, and would like the calls to go through the ata but
    >use only one phone and not two separate ones for each service!

    Whilst not quite an ATA, the Siemens S450IP can handle up to 6 SIP
    accounts and one analogue connection. (And with multiple handsets,
    can make simultaneous analogue and SIP calls)

    See:

    http://www.provu.co.uk/siemens_s450IP.html

    for more details.

    Gordon

    Gordon Henderson, May 17, 2007
  17. bob garbutt

    Ivor Jones Guest

    <> wrote in message
    > On Thu, 17 May 2007 20:11:15 +0100, Jono
    > <> wrote:
    >
    > > on 17/05/2007, Ivor Jones supposed :
    > > > <> wrote in message

    > > > Hello Ron.
    > > >
    > > > Ivor

    > > Hmm....I'm not sure.....has he gone back to cable?
    > >

    > Like I remarked the other day when this pillock accused
    > me of being him he sees Ron around every corner, it's
    > really a wonder he can sleep at nights .

    If it walks like a duck, quacks like a duck...

    Ivor

    Ivor Jones, May 17, 2007
  18. bob garbutt

    Ivor Jones Guest

    Ivor Jones, May 17, 2007
  19. bob garbutt

    alexd Guest

    wrote:

    > Like I remarked the other day when this pillock accused me of being
    > him he sees Ron around every corner, it's really a wonder he can sleep
    > at nights .

    Seems like a bit of a coincidence that you've appeared not long after he
    disappeared, doesn't it? Perhaps you could furnish this august forum with
    your opinion on a well-known German ITSP.

    --
    <http://ale.cx/> (AIM:troffasky) ()
    17:24:25 up 19 days, 19:24, 2 users, load average: 0.46, 0.31, 0.29

    alexd, May 18, 2007
  20. bob garbutt

    Brian A Guest

    On 17 May 2007 21:17:49 GMT, (Gordon Henderson)
    wrote:

    >In article <1qW2i.32065$>,
    >bob garbutt <> wrote:
    >>hi,
    >>
    >>Is it possible to get a ata that would allow multiple sip providers? I
    >>would like to be able to have a in-coming provider and a different
    >>outgoing provider, and would like the calls to go through the ata but
    >>use only one phone and not two separate ones for each service!

    You can use any SIP ATA and get multiple incoming and outgoing
    providers if you use the free services of Voxalot.com
    Further, in an earlier thread the SPA-1001 was mentioned. Try using
    Froogle and you'll find one listed for £28.26 inc VAT and another at
    £29.54. The best prices I've seen anywhere. No idea what the
    companies are like though.

    Remove 'no_spam_' from email address.

    Brian A, May 18, 2007