    I use Mozilla 1.5 in conjunction with Windows XP

    thanks

    , Nov 26, 2003

  2. dantu Guest

    wrote:

    > I cannot access some pages when on line. the simply don't load. this
    > message comes up when I try to click on certain pages when on the
    > internet. the review section in the New York Times in particular. can
    > anyone offer a fix? by the way the cookies are definitely not
    > blocked.the message reads as follows:
    > " Redirection limit for this URL exceeded. Unable to load requested
    > page. This may be caused by cookies that are blocked."
    >
    > I use Mozilla 1.5 in conjunction with Windows XP
    >
    > thanks

    Sure
    If you let us know the url of the pages we would be in a better
    position to figure out whats wrong

    Um, do you have cookies blocked by the way?

    dantu, Nov 26, 2003

  3. Jacob Farr Guest

    <> wrote in message
    > I cannot access some pages when on line. the simply don't load. this
    > message comes up when I try to click on certain pages when on the
    > internet. the review section in the New York Times in particular. can
    > anyone offer a fix? by the way the cookies are definitely not
    > blocked.the message reads as follows:
    > " Redirection limit for this URL exceeded. Unable to load requested
    > page. This may be caused by cookies that are blocked."
    >
    > I use Mozilla 1.5 in conjunction with Windows XP
    >
    > thanks

    That is a bad case of internet gremlines. Jk. How long has this been
    happening? I work for an ISP, and that sounds like it might be your ISP, or
    the server there for NY Times. Have you tried viewing the page in IE?

    jake

    Jacob Farr, Nov 26, 2003
  4. Richard Guest

    thanks for your reply. my cookies are not blocked, the page does load
    and work on Internet Explorer but for as much as a hypocrite I may sound
    like using a pc I really don't want to use IE at all cause I detest
    their monopoly and how they steal all ideas (tabbed browsing on the way
    and all else) the URL is http://movies.nytimes.com/movies aside from
    this URL if I go to click on any movie at all to read the review that
    message comes up. thanks again

    Richard, Nov 27, 2003
  5. On 11/27/2003 3:34 PM, Richard said:

    > thanks for your reply. my cookies are not blocked, the page does load
    > and work on Internet Explorer but for as much as a hypocrite I may sound
    > like using a pc I really don't want to use IE at all cause I detest
    > their monopoly and how they steal all ideas (tabbed browsing on the way
    > and all else) the URL is http://movies.nytimes.com/movies aside from
    > this URL if I go to click on any movie at all to read the review that
    > message comes up. thanks again

    Maybe it's working again -- just tried it in Mozilla and there were no
    problems. Except that many reviews lead you to their signup page! :)

    cheers,

    David H

    --

    "When the tough get going, I'll steal their sandwiches."

    If you need to contact me direct, please remove the obvious from the
    reply address

    David Harrison, Nov 27, 2003
  6. dantu Guest

    David Harrison wrote:

    > On 11/27/2003 3:34 PM, Richard said:
    >
    >> thanks for your reply. my cookies are not blocked, the page does
    >> load and work on Internet Explorer but for as much as a hypocrite I
    >> may sound like using a pc I really don't want to use IE at all cause
    >> I detest their monopoly and how they steal all ideas (tabbed browsing
    >> on the way and all else) the URL is
    >> http://movies.nytimes.com/movies aside from this URL if I go to
    >> click on any movie at all to read the review that message comes up.
    >> thanks again

    > Maybe it's working again -- just tried it in Mozilla and there were no
    > problems. Except that many reviews lead you to their signup page! :)
    >
    > cheers,
    >
    > David H

    Works fine here as well.

    dantu, Nov 27, 2003
  7. Guest

    thanks Jacob.... I think for about 3 months. It never did it in the past
    which makes this all the more frustrating. it works with IE.

    Jacob Farr wrote:
    > <> wrote in message
    >
    >>I cannot access some pages when on line. the simply don't load. this
    >>message comes up when I try to click on certain pages when on the
    >>internet. the review section in the New York Times in particular. can
    >>anyone offer a fix? by the way the cookies are definitely not
    >>blocked.the message reads as follows:
    >>" Redirection limit for this URL exceeded. Unable to load requested
    >>page. This may be caused by cookies that are blocked."
    >>
    >>I use Mozilla 1.5 in conjunction with Windows XP
    >>
    >>thanks
    >>

    > That is a bad case of internet gremlines. Jk. How long has this been
    > happening? I work for an ISP, and that sounds like it might be your ISP, or
    > the server there for NY Times. Have you tried viewing the page in IE?
    >
    > jake

    , Nov 28, 2003