Can anyone get this site to work?

Discussion in 'NZ Computing' started by Rob, Jul 9, 2003.

  1. Rob

    Rob Guest

    Rob, Jul 9, 2003

  2. Rob

    Howard Guest

    Rob wrote:
    > http://purenz.com/, its flash menu at the top of the page just freezes
    > for me

    No nope luck on IE/Moz/Opera/Firebird.

    No response is received for this POST request...

    POST http://purenz.com/app_templates/flash/act_track_homepage_flash.cfm
    HTTP/1.0
    Accept: */*
    Host: purenz.com
    Pragma: no-cache
    Cookie:
    CFGLOBALS=HITCOUNT%3D5%23LASTVISIT%3D%7Bts+%272003%2D07%2D09+19%3A21%3A27%27
    %7D%23TIMECREATED%3D%7Bts+%272003%2D07%2D09+19%3A19%3A10%27%7D%23;
    CFID=7960640; CFTOKEN=26675980

    UUID=EC3DBEFD%2D84D5%2D4246%2DA1E1BE535AB32F7F
    Howard, Jul 9, 2003

  3. Rob

    Patrick Bold Guest

    It's a pretty impressive site. But you'll definitely need a broadband
    connection to browse there.

    Patrick Bold, Jul 9, 2003
  4. Rob

    David Guest

    "Patrick Bold" <> wrote in message
    > It's a pretty impressive site. But you'll definitely need a broadband
    > connection to browse there.

    With full blown Jetstream it took 83 seconds to download - I don't see how
    dial up will manage it
    David, Jul 9, 2003
  5. "David" <> wrote in message

    > "Patrick Bold" <> wrote in message
    > > It's a pretty impressive site. But you'll definitely need a broadband
    > > connection to browse there.
    > >

    > With full blown Jetstream it took 83 seconds to download - I don't see how
    > dial up will manage it

    ~15 seconds for everything but the main flash panel on my 56k.

    Cheers,
    Nicholas Sherlock
    Nicholas Sherlock, Jul 9, 2003
  6. Rob

    Allistar Guest

    Rob wrote:

    > http://purenz.com/, its flash menu at the top of the page just freezes
    > for me

    I use Mozilla on Linux and even though I have a flash plugin installed it
    always sent me to the non-flash site.

    The non-flash version looks very nice, and loads quite fast as well
    (JetStart connection).

    Allistar.
    Allistar, Jul 10, 2003
  7. Rob

    Thor Guest

    Rob wrote:

    > Interesting as its supposed to be the gateway to NZ. I can get it to
    > load in opera, but it doesn't load the flash, so it must be able to
    > detect the 56 modem. IE doesn't work at all :(
    >
    > On Wed, 9 Jul 2003 20:09:53 +1200, "David" <>
    > wrote:
    >

    >>"Patrick Bold" <> wrote in message
    >>> It's a pretty impressive site. But you'll definitely need a broadband
    >>> connection to browse there.
    >>>

    >>With full blown Jetstream it took 83 seconds to download - I don't see how
    >>dial up will manage it

    Interesting, loaded and worked on a 56k modem,,,in about 15secs..The links
    seemed a little slow but worked fine...
    Using Opera 6.12.

    --
    Linux users do not suffer fools gladly
    If I seem intolerant of you see above.
    Thor, Jul 10, 2003
  8. Rob

    m00se Guest

    Rob wrote:
    > http://purenz.com/, its flash menu at the top of the page just freezes
    > for me

    Works fine here, loads almost instantly.
    m00se, Jul 10, 2003
  9. <> wrote in message news:...
    > Nicholas Sherlock wrote:
    > >
    > > "David" <> wrote in message
    > > >
    > > > "Patrick Bold" <> wrote in message

    broadband

    > > > With full blown Jetstream it took 83 seconds to download - I don't see

    how
    > > > dial up will manage it
    > > >

    > > ~15 seconds for everything but the main flash panel on my 56k.
    > >
    > > Cheers,
    > > Nicholas Sherlock

    > So you couldn't get it to work? It's the flash panel he was
    > concerned about!

    Flash worked perfectly (Very nicely done!), just took an extra 5 or 10
    seconds over the rest of the content to load.

    Cheers,
    Nicholas Sherlock
    Nicholas Sherlock, Jul 10, 2003
  10. Rob

    Guest

    Nicholas Sherlock wrote:

    > <> wrote in message news:...
    > > Nicholas Sherlock wrote:
    > > >
    > > > "David" <> wrote in message

    > broadband

    > how
    > > > >

    > > > ~15 seconds for everything but the main flash panel on my 56k.
    > > >
    > > > Cheers,
    > > > Nicholas Sherlock

    > > So you couldn't get it to work? It's the flash panel he was
    > > concerned about!

    > Flash worked perfectly (Very nicely done!), just took an extra 5 or 10
    > seconds over the rest of the content to load.
    >
    > Cheers,
    > Nicholas Sherlock

    Moonlight on Trademe, writing copy for Desknotes, do you?

    Looks like you need to put E & OE at the bottom of your posts!
    , Jul 10, 2003
  11. Rob

    Peter Guest

    this quote is from Rob of Wed, 09 Jul 2003 18:28 :

    > http://purenz.com/, its flash menu at the top of the page just freezes
    > for me

    <using Mozilla 1.3 on Linux and Jetstart>
    Yesterday when I tried, it loaded most of the page but not the flash bit at
    the top. It said it was loading, but traffic was 0 kB/s so maybe they were
    having server problems.
    Today, the page loaded straight away (seconds) including the flash bit.
    Maybe something has been fixed?

    Peter
    Peter, Jul 10, 2003
  12. Rob

    Guest

    Nicholas Sherlock wrote:

    > <> wrote in message news:...
    > > Nicholas Sherlock wrote:

    > > > broadband

    > see
    > > > how

    > > > Flash worked perfectly (Very nicely done!), just took an extra 5 or 10
    > > > seconds over the rest of the content to load.
    > > >
    > > > Cheers,
    > > > Nicholas Sherlock

    > > Moonlight on Trademe, writing copy for Desknotes, do you?
    > >
    > > Looks like you need to put E & OE at the bottom of your posts!

    > Err... what are you talking about?
    >
    > Cheers,
    > Nicholas Sherlock

    You posts lack lucidity...or is it, you just don't discern
    the subject matter?

    Check back for the original poster's question and your response.
    , Jul 10, 2003
  13. Rob

    RecylerMan Guest

    Rob wrote:
    > http://purenz.com/, its flash menu at the top of the page just freezes
    > for me

    works fine with mozilla and win2k

    --
    RecylerMan ICQ 22245595

    Mail to :- l i n u x u s r AT i h u g DOT c o DOT n z
    RecylerMan, Jul 10, 2003
  14. Rob

    David Guest

    works for me

    David, Jul 10, 2003
  15. Rob

    Rob Guest

    Yeap works for me now, guess they had a problem with it initially.
    Looks nice, but their frame rate could be higher as it is quite jerky.

    Rob, Jul 11, 2003
  16. Rob

    Rob King Guest

    A higher framerate would mean a bigger flash file.... and longer download
    times.

    Rob King, Jul 11, 2003