    http://download.server2.come2store.com/Jedi_academy/Jediacademy_CD1.part01.bmp

    Anyone have an idea what is happening here? I really want to try this
    game out but something tells me this is just fishy.
    Sens Fan Happy In OH, Jun 15, 2005

  2. Sens Fan Happy In OH

    Mike Easter Guest

    Sens Fan Happy In OH wrote:
    > Anyone have an idea what is happening here? I really want to try this
    > game out but something tells me this is just fishy.

    You are going to get into all kinds of little messes dabbling where you
    are.

    The gig with those .bmp/s is that you download them and rename them to
    ..rar/s.

    Then you combine and decode the rar/s

    --
    Mike Easter
    Mike Easter, Jun 15, 2005

  3. Oh believe me I know that messes can be found dealing with warez
    things. Trouble is most of these game manufacturers either don't give
    you a "trial" version to play and get you interested ... or the trial
    they supply is not a fair representation of the entire game. Hence the
    reason I started doing this. And there's no "Blockbuster" or "Family
    Video" that rents PC-based games so again ... there's not many other
    ways to adequately test games before placing $40 or more down on them.

    But I do appreciate your honest answer and help!
    Sens Fan Happy In OH, Jun 15, 2005
  4. Sens Fan Happy In OH

    Mike Easter Guest

    Sens Fan Happy In OH wrote:
    > Oh believe me I know that messes can be found dealing with warez
    > things.

    I read somewhere that besides those dl/s and rename .bmp to .rar and
    decode, that you need to LucasArts update + get a crack for that for the
    Jedi Academy/Knight stuff.

    There's a lot of opportunity for trouble going that route.

    --
    Mike Easter
    Mike Easter, Jun 15, 2005
  5. Sens Fan Happy In OH

    Plato Guest

    Sens Fan Happy In OH wrote:

    Many free webpage sites only let one post images, not exes, etc. so
    people rename them. But, many of those same hosters know the gig and can
    modify the files to make them useless.

    --
    http://www.bootdisk.com/
    Plato, Jun 15, 2005