can anyone confirm Mork & Mindy originas

Discussion in 'DVD Video' started by Stereophile22, Nov 12, 2004.

  1. Paramount released what they call The Complete First Season of Mork & Mindy on
    dvd. I did my homework and the tv experts on the internet (oficial reviewers)
    all said that the episodes on the dvd set were the complete uncut original
    versions and not the chopped up syndicated versions.

    So I bought the set, but after watching tthe episodes, I am sure that these are
    the cut up syndicated versions and not the originals since there are scenes
    that I remember in the show that are not on the dvd, unless my memorty is
    really failing me.

    For instance, in the episode, "A Mommie for Mork", there's at least two bits
    missing from the scene on the dvd that I remember from the original episodes.
    One of these bits is fter Mork answering Mindy that he has to go "number 3",
    Mindy says something like "I don't even want to know what that is".

    Can anyone confirm that Mindy said that (or nearly the same thing) in the
    original network airing?

    That scene is missing on the dvd.

    Also, after watching them, and then looking up on the net in newsgroups
    postings from people who were not official tv experts, I learned that the
    beginning scene in the 2'nd episode on the dvd was added in for syndixated
    reruns and was not in the original airing.

    Unfortunately, I can'tt take it back since it's opened and stores will only let
    you exchange opened copies for another copy of the same title, plus that
    there's no "defects" such as skipping.

    Howevr, I feel very ripped off by Paramount since they advertised it as The
    "COMPLETE" first season, and I'm very sure that it's definitely not complete.

    And can't return it. Therefore, I consider it a scam by Paramount.

    Maybe someone in this newsgroup has the original network airing on videotape or
    dvd-R or dvd+R . and can check.

    so now I tend to trust the people who are not official tv experts instead of
    the employed official tv experts/reviewers.

    Stereophile22, Nov 12, 2004

  2. Stereophile22

    Bill Guest

    > For instance, in the episode, "A Mommie for Mork", there's at least two
    > bits
    > missing from the scene on the dvd that I remember from the original
    > episodes.
    > One of these bits is fter Mork answering Mindy that he has to go "number
    > 3",
    > Mindy says something like "I don't even want to know what that is".

    It has been a long time since I've seen the original network airings, but I
    don't recall Mindy reacting to the above line.

    If these are syndication prints, a good way to check will be the running
    time of each episode. They would be around 22 minutes each.

    Bill, Nov 12, 2004