    site. Is this something that involves the site and host and terms of
    agreement? I am curious as on one forum we can do that and on another
    we are being told we cant. Any help would be appreciated, thanks.

    BillytheKid, Dec 3, 2004

  2. BillytheKid

    why? Guest

    On 3 Dec 2004 05:28:16 -0800, BillytheKid wrote:

    >Just curious as to the policty regarding the use of google image, to

    Which policy, from who and where?

    >locate pictures, go to appropriate site and link picture to another
    >site. Is this something that involves the site and host and terms of
    >agreement? I am curious as on one forum we can do that and on another

    Most likely.

    >we are being told we cant. Any help would be appreciated, thanks.

    On one forum you can and another you can't.

    Did you even try a www.google.com or http://images.google.com and read
    the help.

    About Google's Image Search
    Frequently Asked Questions

    2. Are there any copyright restrictions associated with the images?

    Me

    why?, Dec 3, 2004

  3. BillytheKid

    Richard Guest

    "BillytheKid" <> wrote in message
    > Just curious as to the policty regarding the use of google image, to
    > locate pictures, go to appropriate site and link picture to another
    > site. Is this something that involves the site and host and terms of
    > agreement? I am curious as on one forum we can do that and on another
    > we are being told we cant. Any help would be appreciated, thanks.

    Legally, no you can not just link to someone else's work without their
    knowledge and approval and use it on your site.
    For instance, msnbc.com has a photo you want to use.
    You link directly to their photo and show it on your web site.
    In essence, you are accessing their web server, stealing bandwidth from
    them.
    So they remove the photo and leave you with a blank image.

    Someone did that with me once thinking there was no harm being done.
    I told him he can use the images all he wants, but on his own servers.

    Then there is the question of the copyright issue as to who can legally use
    the image without having to pay a fee.

    In all fairness, it is not wise to "hot link" to someone else's work and
    rely on them to provide bandwidth as well.

    Richard, Dec 3, 2004
  4. BillytheKid

    Artemis Guest

    Richard wrote:

    > Legally, no you can not just link to someone else's work without their
    > knowledge and approval and use it on your site.
    > For instance, msnbc.com has a photo you want to use.
    > You link directly to their photo and show it on your web site.
    > In essence, you are accessing their web server, stealing bandwidth from
    > them.

    You really have no clue as what you are talking about, do you?

    --
    Artemis

    Artemis, Dec 4, 2004