    I'm in the UK - but happy to buy from anywhere to get the best prices..

    Any suggestions ??

    ss

    simon, Aug 22, 2005

  2. simon

    carrigman Guest

    Try www.technikdirekt.com

    A German site but very good prices. Got my 20D from them.

    Just be aware that instruction manuals are in German so you will have to
    download the english version from the manufacturer's website.

    Carrigman

    carrigman, Aug 22, 2005

  3. simon

    wilt Guest

    New York City.
    In 20+ years of travelling the world on business and seeking out
    good prices on photographic equipment, including countries and cities
    in Asia (Singapore, Japan, Hong Kong) I have found that in general you
    cannot beat the prices of reputable stores like B&H Photo and a number
    of others. Beware of many not-so-terrific stores in NYC that sell you
    items that should come with the camera in a sealed box, or they sell
    you the 'kits' with accessories which are overpriced, or they take your
    order with "Yeah, it's in stock" but then have to buy the thing from
    their source *after* having you committed to a phone order, or who may
    other half-honest tactics.

    wilt, Aug 22, 2005
  4. simon

    Charles Guest

    On Mon, 22 Aug 2005 22:16:37 +0100, "simon" <>
    wrote:

    >Can anyone point me in the direction of the most competitive prices on the
    >following...
    >Canon EOS 350D
    >Nikon D70
    >Pentax *istDL
    >
    >I'm in the UK - but happy to buy from anywhere to get the best prices..
    >
    >Any suggestions ??
    >
    >ss

    For some ideas

    www.pricewatch.com

    Charles, Aug 23, 2005
  5. simon

    Neil Ellwood Guest

    On Mon, 22 Aug 2005 14:32:39 -0700, wilt wrote:

    > New York City.
    > In 20+ years of travelling the world on business and seeking out
    > good prices on photographic equipment, including countries and cities
    > in Asia (Singapore, Japan, Hong Kong) I have found that in general you
    > cannot beat the prices of reputable stores like B&H Photo and a number
    > of others. Beware of many not-so-terrific stores in NYC that sell you
    > items that should come with the camera in a sealed box, or they sell
    > you the 'kits' with accessories which are overpriced, or they take your
    > order with "Yeah, it's in stock" but then have to buy the thing from
    > their source *after* having you committed to a phone order, or who may
    > other half-honest tactics.

    Customs will add VAT on import to the UK which doesn't help.
    --
    Neil
    Delete delete to reply by email

    Neil Ellwood, Aug 23, 2005
  6. simon

    Felix Guest

    I would suggest that you look at the B&H website. Shipping to the UK
    will cost about $60 (about £35), customs clearance about £12 and VAT
    will be added to the lot. However, you will still save around 15%. In
    my experience with them, order to delivery is less than 3 days. Canon
    will recognise the warranty if you ask them nicely - don't know about
    Nikon or Pentax.

    You can also get a world-wide extended warranty quite cheaply for
    anything you are particularly concerned about.

    Regards,

    Felix

    Felix, Aug 23, 2005
  7. simon

    Eatmorepies Guest

    "simon" <> wrote in message
    > Can anyone point me in the direction of the most competitive prices on the
    > following...
    > Canon EOS 350D
    > Nikon D70
    > Pentax *istDL
    >
    > I'm in the UK - but happy to buy from anywhere to get the best prices..

    Bristol cameras have the 350D at a good prices and available in a range of
    kits.

    The 20D can be had from 123fstop on eBay and he is in the UK.

    John

    Eatmorepies, Aug 23, 2005