    homepage. Just wondering if it is my ISP or if they currently have a problem
    with their network.

    Cheers

    Rob, Aug 26, 2005

  2. Rob

    Rob Guest

    "Rob" <> wrote in message
    news:1125024306.869443@ftpsrv1...

    > I can't currently load my websites with iserve.co.nz nor can I get to

    their
    > homepage. Just wondering if it is my ISP or if they currently have a

    problem
    > with their network.
    >
    > Cheers

    It seems to be back up again now. Alertra.com showed that it was down for a
    while, but sites are now loading again.

    Rob, Aug 26, 2005

  3. On Fri, 26 Aug 2005 14:51:45 +1200, someone purporting to be Rob didst
    scrawl:

    > I can't currently load my websites with iserve.co.nz nor can I get to their
    > homepage. Just wondering if it is my ISP or if they currently have a problem
    > with their network.

    Thank TelstraClear. They had a major core routing failure, which took the
    iSERVE network completely offline with the exception of ISPs who peer with
    them at WIX - which isn't either of the largest two.

    --
    Matthew Poole
    "Don't use force. Get a bigger hammer."

    Matthew Poole, Aug 26, 2005
  4. Rob

    Stu Fleming Guest

    Matthew Poole wrote:
    > On Fri, 26 Aug 2005 14:51:45 +1200, someone purporting to be Rob didst
    > scrawl:
    >

    >>I can't currently load my websites with iserve.co.nz nor can I get to their
    >>homepage. Just wondering if it is my ISP or if they currently have a problem
    >>with their network.
    >>

    > Thank TelstraClear. They had a major core routing failure, which took the
    > iSERVE network completely offline with the exception of ISPs who peer with
    > them at WIX - which isn't either of the largest two.

    Twice. 14:16 - 14:55 and then again around 4pm. Still waiting for the RFO.
    Down to 99.9% if you count last weeks outage too...

    --
    IT Management. Tel: +64 3 479 5478
    Web and database hosting, Co-location. Web: http://www.wic.co.nz

    Stu Fleming, Aug 26, 2005
  5. On Fri, 26 Aug 2005 20:29:31 +1200, someone purporting to be Stu Fleming
    didst scrawl:

    > Matthew Poole wrote:

    *SNIP*
    > Twice. 14:16 - 14:55 and then again around 4pm. Still waiting for the RFO.
    > Down to 99.9% if you count last weeks outage too...

    That Telstra or iSERVE?

    Matthew Poole, Aug 26, 2005
  6. Rob

    Stu Fleming Guest

    Matthew Poole wrote:
    > On Fri, 26 Aug 2005 20:29:31 +1200, someone purporting to be Stu Fleming
    > didst scrawl:
    >

    >>Matthew Poole wrote:

    > *SNIP*
    >
    >>Twice. 14:16 - 14:55 and then again around 4pm. Still waiting for the RFO.
    >>Down to 99.9% if you count last weeks outage too...

    > That Telstra or iSERVE?

    Telstra - two outages same as everyone else yesterday for 45 mins and one last
    weekend for about the same duration around 7:15pm Saturday last. Friday's was
    a core IP routing failure as you say, last week's is still unconfirmed since
    our Account Manager doesn't return calls :))

    Stu Fleming, Aug 26, 2005
  7. Stu Fleming wrote:
    > Telstra - two outages same as everyone else yesterday for 45 mins and
    > one last weekend for about the same duration around 7:15pm Saturday
    > last. Friday's was a core IP routing failure as you say, last week's is
    > still unconfirmed since our Account Manager doesn't return calls :))

    And their cable network went down (lost me cable TV and internet
    connection) last night at 1206AM, ringing up their 0508 number there was
    a recorded voice saying "the entire IP network is down"

    Not sure how long the outage was, it forced me to go to bed and get some
    sleep, but it was working again in the morning

    Nathan Mercer, Aug 27, 2005