    anybody any comments or recommendations of a similar digital SLR?

    Thanks

    Nigel
    hawklord, Mar 2, 2006

  2. hawklord wrote:
    > Hi all,
    >
    > I am about to purchase a digital SLR I have looked at a Nikon D50 has
    > anybody any comments or recommendations of a similar digital SLR?
    >
    > Thanks
    >
    > Nigel

    Canon and Nikon seem to be running close to even with their dSLR's I
    suggest you take a look at the Canons unless you already have a good reason
    to choose Nikon, like having several good lenses that are usable with the
    digital Nikon. Both are good products, but they have differences that one
    person may like one or the other.

    --
    Joseph Meehan

    Dia duit
    Joseph Meehan, Mar 2, 2006

  3. hawklord

    simon Guest

    Pentax *istDL ??

    If it helps - pics taken with mine can be found at www.srsteel.co.uk (not
    all pics on site taken with Pentax - check info notes where available)

    Simon
    simon, Mar 2, 2006
  4. hawklord

    rugbyphoto Guest

    rugbyphoto, Mar 2, 2006
  5. hawklord

    rugbyphoto Guest

    rugbyphoto, Mar 2, 2006
  6. hawklord

    Tesco News Guest

    "hawklord" <> wrote in message
    > Hi all,
    >
    > I am about to purchase a digital SLR I have looked at a Nikon D50 has
    > anybody any comments or recommendations of a similar digital SLR?
    >
    > Thanks
    >
    > Nigel

    The best advice anyone can give you is to go and handle some of the Cameras
    in your price range.

    The D50, D70s, and the Canon Rebels, are all good cameras, and good value
    for money, but they all have a different feel. Pick the one which feels
    right for you.

    Roy G
    Tesco News, Mar 3, 2006
  7. hawklord

    Pete D Guest

    Pete D, Mar 3, 2006
  8. hawklord

    Don Stauffer Guest

    hawklord wrote:
    > Hi all,
    >
    > I am about to purchase a digital SLR I have looked at a Nikon D50 has
    > anybody any comments or recommendations of a similar digital SLR?
    >
    > Thanks
    >
    > Nigel

    We bought a D70 about six weeks ago, and are thrilled with it. My wife
    just returned from a trip to China with over 350 images. Just starting
    editing, but almost all look great, even in jpeg. Exposure latitude
    really surprised her.
    Don Stauffer, Mar 3, 2006