Can anybody help - dual phone locked to one provider

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by Mystery, Jan 13, 2008.

1. Mystery

Mystery

Hi, I've recently purchase an IP phone (tesco Siemens DP450) which is in all aspects the siemens gigaset S450IP, apart from the fact that it has been locked to tesco and will not allow for other providers to be added. I find this odd as the Siemens gigaset S450IP allows for up to 6 different providers including gigaset.net. I'm surprised that being a gigaset phone that siemens would allow tesco to lock people out of using their own gigaset.net voip service. My broadband provider contract includes free voip minutes and that was my main reason for buying the phone. I now find that I can only use it with tesco.
    If anyone can help by providing me with an unlock code, or with a link from which I could download the gigaset S450IP firmware, I would be eternally grateful. (gigaset site does not have download links to firmware!) Maybe someone from siemens might read this and wish to help unlock my phone so that I can get full use of the handset.

Thanks in advance....
    Mystery, Jan 13, 2008
    1. Advertising

2. Mystery

fermiandme

Fermi

Hi,

I found there are some details at "voip-info.org/wiki/view/Tesco+Siemens+DP450". But you should have a router to modify DNS settings.

Cheers,
    Fermi
    fermiandme, Jan 2, 2009
    1. Advertising