    I just formated my brother in-laws toshiba satillite pro 430cdt(dinosaur)
    to clean all the crap out, but with a new system op disc. or a win 98 boot
    disc. it say invalid system disc.(no flopy drive just cd)

    tomass, Aug 22, 2004

  2. tomass

    philo Guest

    "tomass" <> wrote in message
    news:752Wc.5166$...
    > I just formated my brother in-laws toshiba satillite pro 430cdt(dinosaur)
    > to clean all the crap out, but with a new system op disc. or a win 98 boot
    > disc. it say invalid system disc.(no flopy drive just cd)

    you need to reset the bios boot order

    ie: if you want to boot from the cdrom...
    list it as the first device

    philo, Aug 22, 2004

  3. tomass

    tomass Guest

    "philo" <> wrote in

    > "tomass" <> wrote in message
    >> I just formated my brother in-laws toshiba satillite pro
    >> 430cdt(dinosaur) to clean all the crap out, but with a new system op
    >> disc. or a win 98 boot disc. it say invalid system disc.(no flopy
    >> drive just cd)

    > you need to reset the bios boot order
    >
    > ie: if you want to boot from the cdrom...
    > list it as the first device

    I did that. I set fdd-hdd and no go.

    tomass, Aug 22, 2004
  4. tomass

    Pepperoni Guest

    "tomass" <> wrote in message
    > "philo" <> wrote in
    >

    > > "tomass" <> wrote in message
    > >> I just formated my brother in-laws toshiba satillite pro
    > >> 430cdt(dinosaur) to clean all the crap out, but with a new system op
    > >> disc. or a win 98 boot disc. it say invalid system disc.(no flopy
    > >> drive just cd)

    > > you need to reset the bios boot order
    > >
    > > ie: if you want to boot from the cdrom...
    > > list it as the first device
    > >

    > I did that. I set fdd-hdd and no go.

    Uhhh "fdd" is the floppy, which you have *none*, set the CD to boot first,
    then the hdd (hard drive).

    You might also check the manufacturer's web site for tips and procedure for
    installing.

    Pepperoni

    Pepperoni, Aug 22, 2004
  5. tomass

    tomass Guest

    "Pepperoni" <> wrote in

    > "tomass" <> wrote in message
    >> "philo" <> wrote in
    >>

    >> > "tomass" <> wrote in message
    >> >
    >> > you need to reset the bios boot order
    >> >
    >> > ie: if you want to boot from the cdrom...
    >> > list it as the first device
    >> >

    >> I did that. I set fdd-hdd and no go.

    > Uhhh "fdd" is the floppy, which you have *none*, set the CD to boot
    > first, then the hdd (hard drive).
    >
    > You might also check the manufacturer's web site for tips and
    > procedure for installing.
    >
    > Pepperoni

    It gives me no option for cdrom

    tomass, Aug 22, 2004
  6. tomass

    Pepperoni Guest

    "tomass" <> wrote in message
    > "Pepperoni" <> wrote in
    >

    > > "tomass" <> wrote in message
    > >> "philo" <> wrote in

    > >> I did that. I set fdd-hdd and no go.

    > > Uhhh "fdd" is the floppy, which you have *none*, set the CD to boot
    > > first, then the hdd (hard drive).
    > >
    > > You might also check the manufacturer's web site for tips and
    > > procedure for installing.
    > >
    > > Pepperoni
    > >

    > It gives me no option for cdrom

    check the owner's manual:

    http://tinyurl.com/44rba

    Pepperoni, Aug 22, 2004
  7. tomass

    Global_Killa Guest

    "tomass" <> wrote in message
    > I just formated my brother in-laws toshiba satillite pro 430cdt(dinosaur)
    > to clean all the crap out, but with a new system op disc. or a win 98 boot
    > disc. it say invalid system disc.(no flopy drive just cd)

    I've had this problem with a laptop before. I used a WinME start up disk and
    did a minimal boot. The typed FDISK and recreated the partition, somehow it
    had got corrupted but FDISK did the trick for me. Might be worth a try.

    --
    Global_Killa

    http://punkthenation.tk

    Global_Killa, Aug 22, 2004
  8. tomass

    Trent© Guest

    On Sun, 22 Aug 2004 15:41:41 GMT, tomass <> wrote:

    >It gives me no option for cdrom

    You would do well to have at least one boot device on your computer.
    I'd install a floppy drive if I were you.

    Have a nice one...

    Trent

    Over 50? Go here...in PERSON if you can...
    http://web.wxyz.com/cars/wdc2004/

    Trent©, Aug 23, 2004