Can a non-server OEM be exchanged for a licensed version ?

Discussion in 'Windows 64bit' started by =?Utf-8?B?c3RldmUgaC4=?=, Jul 3, 2005.

  1. I noticed that the TAP page says "server". My OEM was installed on a desktop,
    and I have had trouble with the website. Thanks.
    =?Utf-8?B?c3RldmUgaC4=?=, Jul 3, 2005

  2. "steve h." <> wrote in message
    news:D...
    >I noticed that the TAP page says "server". My OEM was installed on a
    >desktop,
    > and I have had trouble with the website. Thanks.

    No, it must be like for like.

    --

    Regards,

    Mike
    --
    Mike Brannigan [Microsoft]

    rights

    newsgroups

    Mike Brannigan [MSFT], Jul 3, 2005

  3. =?Utf-8?B?c3RldmUgaC4=?=

    John Barnes Guest

    You are trying to exchange XP Professional for XP Professional x64, right?
    If so, you are on the wrong tap page.

    http://www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/64bit/upgrade/default.mspx

    John Barnes, Jul 3, 2005
  4. I clicked on that link, indicated that I understood, clicked "Continue", and
    it lead me to this page:
    https://microsoft.productorder.com/clientx64/default.aspx

    On this page, it says this: " Enter Your Server Information "

    AFAIK, I'm doing everything correctly.

    =?Utf-8?B?c3RldmUgaC4=?=, Jul 3, 2005
  5. =?Utf-8?B?c3RldmUgaC4=?=

    John Barnes Guest

    Microsoft has been messed up with this process from day one. Try to enter
    your COA and PID (from system properties) and your date of purchase and see
    if it will work for you.
    As you can see from multiple (hundreds) of postings it is a hit or miss
    process. Usually miss. Sort of like using the system when you get it.
    Programs and hardware may or may not work. Personally, if I were you, I
    would get the trial and make sure the system is right for you BEFORE you
    exchange your x32 license and find out the system is not right for your
    needs. Dual boot like most of the posters here and when you are ready and
    it works for your primary system, you can then exchange your x32 license.

    John Barnes, Jul 3, 2005
  6. Actually thats just a message related with what will take place during the
    transaction which will happen on a "server".
    --
    Andre
    Extended64 | http://www.extended64.com

    Andre Da Costa [Extended64], Jul 3, 2005