    Any idea if it is possible?

    [ the mailing list will give you an idea of my frustation ]]

    Thanks a lot in advance.
    nilanjan, Apr 6, 2004

  2. nilanjan

    nilanjan Guest

    Anyone ?

    nilanjan, Apr 7, 2004

  3. nilanjan

    Bob Cain Guest

    nilanjan wrote:

    > Anyone ?
    > (nilanjan) wrote in message news:<>...
    >
    >>Hi experts !
    >>
    >>I recently purchased a DVD Karaoke player with pitch control. ( it is
    >>Daewoo) .
    >> But my Karaoke music is all in audio CDs. The pitch control works
    >>when I play DVDs but does not work with Audio CDs .
    >>
    >>Any idea if it is possible?
    >>
    >>[ the mailing list will give you an idea of my frustation ]]
    >>

    >> Thanks a lot in advance.

    I can't think of any reason at all why, once the sound is in
    the digital domain, it couldn't be as well (or as poorly)
    scaled in pitch or time from one medium or the other.

    Bob

    simpler."

    A. Einstein
    Bob Cain, Apr 7, 2004
  4. nilanjan

    Logan Shaw Guest

    nilanjan wrote:
    > I recently purchased a DVD Karaoke player with pitch control. ( it is
    > Daewoo) .
    > But my Karaoke music is all in audio CDs. The pitch control works
    > when I play DVDs but does not work with Audio CDs .
    >
    > Any idea if it is possible?

    Yes, it's possible. If I understand pitch shifting correctly, it's just
    a fast fourier transform, then some simple arithmetic, then another FFT
    to transform the signal back to amplitude vs. time.

    Whether your equipment has the feature or not is something I have
    no idea about. Nor likely will much of anyone else in rec.audio.pro.

    - Logan, who would probably turn on Auto-Tune (without happening
    to mention this to anyone) if he ran Karaoke stuff...
    Logan Shaw, Apr 7, 2004
  5. nilanjan

    nilanjan Guest

    So does anyone have any experience with a Karaoke DVD player to
    control Pitch on a regular audio CD ??

    [ my pitch control works with DVDs but not AudioCDs ]
    nilanjan, Apr 9, 2004