    connect the PCs with each other. Can i do that??? need to upgrade IOS???

    Thank you so much

    Sam

    sam, Dec 8, 2003

  2. In article <br107r$>, sam <> wrote:
    :i'm a newbie of cisco router, i've got a 2514 16f/16r, 12.2 IOS. Now i've a
    :6M internet connection privided by ISP, which need to be login with pppoe
    :software. i want to use this 2514 act as a "broadband-router" to route to
    :the internet to my small 5 PC's network, of course i've already a switch to
    :connect the PCs with each other. Can i do that??? need to upgrade IOS???

    PPPoE Client is not supported on the 2500 series. Nor is any
    other PPPoE feature. Just plain PPP and PPP over Frame Relay.
    --
    Positrons can be described as electrons traveling backwards in time.
    Certainly many Usenet arguments about the past become clearer when they

    Walter Roberson, Dec 8, 2003

  3. sam

    sam Guest

    Thank you Mr.Roberson

    "Walter Roberson" <-cnrc.gc.ca> ¦b¶l¥ó
    news:br1614$m1i$ ¤¤¼¶¼g...

    sam, Dec 8, 2003
  4. sam

    John Agosta Guest

    I'm not too sure of the answer below.
    I've got 2503s that support PPoE.
    It's an IOS thing.
    Sorry, I can't tell you what exact version does it
    as I'm not in front of one right now. But, yeah,
    you 'can' enable it.

    -ja

    John Agosta, Dec 8, 2003
  5. In article <>,
    John Agosta <> wrote:
    :I'm not too sure of the answer below.
    :I've got 2503s that support PPoE.
    :It's an IOS thing.
    :Sorry, I can't tell you what exact version does it
    :as I'm not in front of one right now. But, yeah,
    :you 'can' enable it.

    Perhaps my answer should have been instead,
    "According to the Feature Navigator, PPPoE is not available
    on the 2500 series."

    There -have- been instances where the Feature Navigator has missed
    a feature for a platform, but I did check the FN details for both the
    12.2 release the OP indicated and for the latest 12.3 release,
    and I did index by feature: the 25xx was Not There.
    --
    Rump-Titty-Titty-Tum-TAH-Tee -- Fritz Lieber

    Walter Roberson, Dec 8, 2003
  6. John Agosta wrote:

    > I'm not too sure of the answer below.
    > I've got 2503s that support PPoE.
    > It's an IOS thing.
    > Sorry, I can't tell you what exact version does it
    > as I'm not in front of one right now. But, yeah,
    > you 'can' enable it.

    Not according to the Feature Navigator, you can't; so he'd probably be
    interested in the IOS version your 2503's run, if you're sure they are
    doing PPPoE.

    Regards,

    Marco.

    M.C. van den Bovenkamp, Dec 8, 2003
  7. sam

    John Agosta Guest

    > In article <>,
    > John Agosta <> wrote:
    > :I'm not too sure of the answer below.
    > :I've got 2503s that support PPoE.
    > :It's an IOS thing.
    > :Sorry, I can't tell you what exact version does it
    > :as I'm not in front of one right now. But, yeah,
    > :you 'can' enable it.
    >
    > Perhaps my answer should have been instead,
    > "According to the Feature Navigator, PPPoE is not available
    > on the 2500 series."
    >
    > There -have- been instances where the Feature Navigator has missed
    > a feature for a platform, but I did check the FN details for both the
    > 12.2 release the OP indicated and for the latest 12.3 release,
    > and I did index by feature: the 25xx was Not There.
    > --
    > Rump-Titty-Titty-Tum-TAH-Tee -- Fritz Lieber

    Understand.
    I'll post the name of the image when I get next to the router, for whoever's
    interested....

    John Agosta, Dec 8, 2003
  8. Sam wrote:
    > i'm a newbie of cisco router, i've got a 2514 16f/16r, 12.2 IOS. Now i've a
    > 6M internet connection privided by ISP, which need to be login with pppoe
    > software. i want to use this 2514 act as a "broadband-router" to route to
    > the internet to my small 5 PC's network, of course i've already a switch to
    > connect the PCs with each other. Can i do that??? need to upgrade IOS???

    I have a 2514 right here under my fingers - let's see:

    rtr#sh ver
    IOS (tm) 2500 Software (C2500-JS-L), Version 12.2(12), RELEASE SOFTWARE (fc1)
    Compiled Wed 21-Aug-02 05:48 by pwade
    Image text-base: 0x0307B07C, data-base: 0x00001000

    ROM: System Bootstrap, Version 11.0(10c)XB2, PLATFORM SPECIFIC RELEASE
    SOFTWARE
    (fc1)
    BOOTLDR: 3000 Bootstrap Software (IGS-BOOT-R), Version 11.0(10c)XB2, PLATFORM
    SP
    ECIFIC RELEASE SOFTWARE (fc1)

    rtr uptime is 1 day, 15 hours, 20 minutes
    System returned to ROM by power-on
    System restarted at 02:31:48 UTC Sun Dec 7 2003
    System image file is "flash:c2500-js-l.122-12.bin"

    cisco 2500 (68030) processor (revision L) with 14336K/2048K bytes of memory.
    Processor board ID 13576799, with hardware revision 00000000
    Bridging software.
    X.25 software, Version 3.0.0.
    SuperLAT software (copyright 1990 by Meridian Technology Corp).
    TN3270 Emulation software.
    2 Ethernet/IEEE 802.3 interface(s)
    2 Serial network interface(s)
    16384K bytes of processor board System flash (Read ONLY)

    Configuration register is 0x2102

    rtr#
    rtr#conf t
    Enter configuration commands, one per line. End with CNTL/Z.
    rtr(config)#interface ethernet 0
    rtr(config-if)#pppoe ?
    enable Enable pppoe

    Since i don't have a PPPOE peer, further experiments are useless..

    --
    Joop van der Velden

    Joop van der Velden, Dec 8, 2003