    existing memory card.

    Example: The Olympus C-750 uses xD, and looks interesting. It's cameras
    around that price I'm interested in.

    Moen, Jan 21, 2004

  2. Moen

    Moen Guest

    On Wed, 21 Jan 2004 17:14:16 +0100, Moen
    <h-news@operamail_dot_com.invalid> wrote:

    > Can anyone advise me on cameras (up to $500-600) using xD memory cards?
    >
    > I don't have any specific needs as such, I'd just like to see what my
    > options are if I would like to buy a new camera and be able to use my
    > existing memory card.
    >
    > Example: The Olympus C-750 uses xD, and looks interesting. It's cameras
    > around that price I'm interested in.

    Ok, so I have some things I'd like in addition to the xD memory card:

    - Proper video mode (640x480 with sound, only limited by memory card
    size)
    - Lens stabilizer for those zoomed shots (which the C-750 does not have)

    Moen, Jan 21, 2004

  3. Moen

    Chris Quinn Guest

    "Moen" <h-news@operamail_dot_com.invalid> wrote in message
    > Can anyone advise me on cameras (up to $500-600) using xD memory cards?
    >
    > I don't have any specific needs as such, I'd just like to see what my
    > options are if I would like to buy a new camera and be able to use my
    > existing memory card.
    >
    > Example: The Olympus C-750 uses xD, and looks interesting. It's cameras
    > around that price I'm interested in.

    Most newer Olympus and Fuji cameras use this card type - I've not seen any
    others that do, but then again, I've never looked!

    Chris Quinn, Jan 21, 2004
  4. Hi Moen,

    With your added requirements, at this time the camera you wish for does not
    exist, I believe.

    There is the Fuji FPS700 (not 7000), that has the movie mode for you.
    Also, do check out the Fuji FPS7000 for its video capabilitiy's. However, as
    far as I know, neither has optical image stabilizer. For that, in new camera
    terms you really have to look at the Panasonic Z10, but that uses SD cards.

    Older camera wise, I am guessing but the Canon ProG90 is your ideal
    solution. It uses CF cards, but Olympus provide an CF adapter for XD cards
    to be used, though see if it is compatible with the older Canon model.
    Check www.dpreview.com for further details on it.

    Also, due to the adapter, see if there are any good deals on the new Minolta
    Dimage A1, or its older sibling Dimage 7i/Hi, though you will probably have
    to compramise on your movie mode.

    Cheers,
    Stephen

    Stephen Leslie, Jan 21, 2004
  5. Moen

    Howard Guest

    If you get the xD/CompactFlash converter you can use your xD memory cards in
    CF cameras. Not the best solution if you swap memory cards a lot, but if
    you just have one big one, a possibility. I mainly use the converter to
    read the xD cards in my laptop which takes CF format flash memory.

    Howard, Jan 21, 2004
  6. Moen

    Moen Guest

    On Wed, 21 Jan 2004 21:38:40 GMT, "Howard" <> wrote:

    > If you get the xD/CompactFlash converter you can use your xD memory cards in
    > CF cameras. Not the best solution if you swap memory cards a lot, but if
    > you just have one big one, a possibility. I mainly use the converter to
    > read the xD cards in my laptop which takes CF format flash memory.

    This sounds interesting. Is this possible because the CF card is
    bigger than xD or something? Do you have a web site with more info
    perhaps?

    Moen, Jan 21, 2004
  7. Moen

    Steve King Guest

    Howard,

    Which xD/CompactFlash converter do you use and where did you buy it? I'm
    just starting to shop for one, but haven't found a resource other than
    ebay. Thanks!

    Steve . . .

    Steve King, Jan 22, 2004
  8. Moen

    Howard Guest

    Mine is a Olympus MACF-10 and I believe I purchased it at Best Buy.
    -howard

    Howard, Jan 22, 2004