Camera wizard won't run

Discussion in 'Computer Support' started by crenwick@ukonline.co.uk, May 2, 2005.

  1. Guest

    Symptom: Autorun loads when I connect my camera but when I select
    camera wizard etc.. it doesn't run the wizard. It did previously. I
    know some people had problems with Autorun but not me.

    My OS is XPpro (SP2)
    I have nero with inCD ( latest upgrade)
    I installed some software called MR Photo and then removed it through
    add/remove software in contol panels this software added "Smart Start
    Up" to my start up items but is now deleted
    I do not have realplayer
    I have run autofix from microsoft,no joy

    slideshow/faxviewer works I have read other threads on other sites and
    everything checks out, someone somewhere has mentioned that inCD may
    cause problems

    I have done this

    You may want to check the program the controls the Scanner and Camera
    Wizard. The program is c:\windows\system32\wiaacmgr. It may be
    corrupted. If so you can copy this file from c:\windows\service pack
    files\i386\wiaacmgr. I do not know if this is going to solve your
    problem but it is the most obvious thing to do first

    and I have this

    [HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Classes\
    WIA.AutoplayDropHandler.1\shell]

    [HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Classes\
    WIA.AutoplayDropHandler.1\shell\open]

    [HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Classes\
    WIA.AutoplayDropHandler.1\shell\open\
    DropTarget]"Clsid"="{F1ABE2B5-C073-4dba-
    B6EB-FD7A5111DD8F}"

    When prompted to use camera wizard from autorun nothing happens.

    Looking in Control panels/admin../system

    WIA has not started whether selected to manual or automatic

    If I run wiaacmgr.exe manually i'm asked for device/camera but it's
    not in the list
    It's a Traveler DC-6300/Vivicam 4000

    It's recognised in my computer as a mass storage device and under
    properties as

    CAMERA 6MP-9J5 USB Device

    Can you anyone advise from this?

    Regards Colin

    , May 2, 2005

  2. Aquanaut Guest

    <> wrote in message
    > Symptom: Autorun loads when I connect my camera but when I select
    > camera wizard etc.. it doesn't run the wizard. It did previously. I
    > know some people had problems with Autorun but not me.
    >
    > My OS is XPpro (SP2)
    > I have nero with inCD ( latest upgrade)
    > I installed some software called MR Photo and then removed it through
    > add/remove software in contol panels this software added "Smart Start
    > Up" to my start up items but is now deleted
    > I do not have realplayer
    > I have run autofix from microsoft,no joy
    >
    > slideshow/faxviewer works I have read other threads on other sites and
    > everything checks out, someone somewhere has mentioned that inCD may
    > cause problems
    >

    > I have done this
    >
    > You may want to check the program the controls the Scanner and Camera
    > Wizard. The program is c:\windows\system32\wiaacmgr. It may be
    > corrupted. If so you can copy this file from c:\windows\service pack
    > files\i386\wiaacmgr. I do not know if this is going to solve your
    > problem but it is the most obvious thing to do first
    >
    > and I have this
    >

    > [HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Classes\
    > WIA.AutoplayDropHandler.1\shell]
    >
    > [HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Classes\
    > WIA.AutoplayDropHandler.1\shell\open]
    >
    > [HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Classes\
    > WIA.AutoplayDropHandler.1\shell\open\
    > DropTarget]"Clsid"="{F1ABE2B5-C073-4dba-
    > B6EB-FD7A5111DD8F}"
    >
    > When prompted to use camera wizard from autorun nothing happens.
    >
    > Looking in Control panels/admin../system
    >
    > WIA has not started whether selected to manual or automatic
    >
    > If I run wiaacmgr.exe manually i'm asked for device/camera but it's
    > not in the list
    > It's a Traveler DC-6300/Vivicam 4000
    >
    > It's recognised in my computer as a mass storage device and under
    > properties as
    >
    > CAMERA 6MP-9J5 USB Device
    >
    > Can you anyone advise from this?
    >
    > Regards Colin

    try re installing software again "over the top" for your camera ---i use
    nero and have experienced similar effects after either updating nero or
    adding/changing input software/components.

    Solution i always use is to remove nero,reinstall,using latest update.

    Aquanaut, May 2, 2005

  3. Colin Guest

    Thanks for the heads up but this didn't work either,removed Nero and
    InCD.... so it has been mention that M$ hotfixes could be the problem
    so now to delete them one by one

    Colin

    Colin, May 4, 2005