    Is there a web site that has this? I couldn't find anything on the normal
    digital camera review sites.
    Thx
    noone, Jan 21, 2004

  2. noone

    Birk Binnard Guest

    I've got a Canon Pro90 (2.6 MP) in perfect condition (with case) that is up
    for sale. It has an awesome image stabilizer (and a 10x optical zoom.) If
    interested reply to me by email (email ID on my website below.)
    ---------------
    Birk Binnard
    Peninsula Software
    http://www.birkbinnard.com
    Birk Binnard, Jan 21, 2004

  3. noone

    Ray Guest

    IMHO get the Panasonic if you can afford it or find it. The reviews I have
    read seem to be rave ones. Some vendors have raised the price back up to
    MSRP ($599) after I guess seling them like crazy and running out. Not sure
    if the A1 is cheaper or what but the Panny has that 12x zoom + IS which is
    what is going to get me to buy one pretty soon.
    ..
    "noone" <> wrote in message
    > I know of a few camers that have an image stabilizer / anti jitter

    feature:

    Ray, Jan 21, 2004
  4. noone <> writes:

    > I know of a few camers that have an image stabilizer / anti jitter feature:
    > a Panasonic, and the Minolta A1. Are there others out there that have this
    > type of feature? I can't hold anything steady so this would help out. I'm
    > looking for a higher MP camera in the $400+ range.
    >
    > Is there a web site that has this? I couldn't find anything on the normal
    > digital camera review sites.

    There is supposed to be at least one new image stabalized camera being
    announced in the next few weeks. However, I suspect none will be in your $400
    range. The only one I'm aware of for $400 is the Panasonic FZ1 (in the US), or
    the newer FZ2 (outside of the US), however it is only 2 megapixel and the FZ1
    has little in manual controls. The Panasonic FZ10 is just under $600, and I
    think the Minolta A1 is in the $800 range. A Canon digital rebel/300D/KISS
    with the 28-135mm IS lens is ~ $1500, and the rumored Nikon D70 with the
    24-120mm VR lens will be about the same.

    I see a lot of discussions about stabalization in the Olympus, Panasonic, and
    Minolta forums of dpreview.com (Olympus produced two stabalized cameras, the
    C-2100UZ which I own and the E-100RS two years ago).

    --
    Michael Meissner
    email:
    Michael Meissner, Jan 21, 2004
  5. noone <> wrote:

    >I know of a few camers that have an image stabilizer / anti jitter feature:
    >a Panasonic, and the Minolta A1. Are there others out there that have this
    >type of feature? I can't hold anything steady so this would help out. I'm
    >looking for a higher MP camera in the $400+ range.
    >
    >Is there a web site that has this? I couldn't find anything on the normal
    >digital camera review sites.

    Solve the problem at the root. The image stabilizer will not
    solve it, because it is used to make long zooms palatable, not
    to allow pictures to be taken while shaking.

    Analyze the problem and solve it. What is the mistake you make?
    Perhaps you press the shutter too forcefully. Train your hands
    and lean against something when you take a photo.

    Hans-Georg

    --
    No mail, please.
    Hans-Georg Michna, Jan 21, 2004
  6. noone

    CBM Guest

    Maybe some of the camera users drink allot of coffee.

    CBM, Jan 21, 2004