    frames like a regular video camera does? Can anyone post any
    recommendations? Thank you for your help ( I do not like carrying
    along a video camera).
    Tom777, Jun 25, 2008

  2. Tom777

    Matt Ion Guest

    Tom777 wrote:
    > Is there any digital still camera on the market that will capture
    > natural full motion video? The ones that I have seen look okay with
    > slow moving objects but shooting anything fast moving they have a
    > strobe like effect. I do not understand why if they are recording
    > at 30fps....is it because they are full frames and not 60 interlaced
    > frames like a regular video camera does? Can anyone post any
    > recommendations? Thank you for your help ( I do not like carrying
    > along a video camera).

    The "strobing" effect is generally caused by faster shutter speed
    (whether mechanical or electronic shutter). If you're recording at a
    standard 30fps but the shutter is running at, say, 1/125s, or about four
    times the video framerate, you'll getting a "jittery" effect. Check
    that the camera you're looking at has user-controllable shutter speed in
    video mode.
    Matt Ion, Jun 26, 2008