    it won't be long.

    --
    MG
    MG, Jan 11, 2012

  2. MG

    Whisky-dave Guest

    On Jan 11, 6:51 am, Alfred Molon <> wrote:
    > In article <jejb8e$>, MG says...
    >
    > > Why can't I make phone calls and send text messages?

    > Just buy a smartphone...

    Why can;t we have smartcameras that can make phone calls ?

    Whisky-dave, Jan 11, 2012

  3. "Whisky-dave" <> wrote in message
    > On Jan 11, 6:51 am, Alfred Molon <> wrote:
    >> In article <jejb8e$>, MG says...
    >>
    >> > Why can't I make phone calls and send text messages?

    >> Just buy a smartphone...

    > Why can;t we have smartcameras that can make phone calls ?

    I imagine holding the Nikon D4 up to your ear for any length of time would
    tire the arm!

    David
    David J Taylor, Jan 11, 2012
  4. MG

    Whisky-dave Guest

    On Jan 11, 12:20 pm, "David J Taylor" <david-
    > wrote:
    > "Whisky-dave" <> wrote in message

    > > On Jan 11, 6:51 am, Alfred Molon <> wrote:
    > >> In article <jejb8e$>, MG says...

    > >> Just buy a smartphone...

    > > Why can;t we have smartcameras that can make phone calls ?

    > I imagine holding the Nikon D4 up to your ear for any length of time would
    > tire the arm!

    Good reason for not buying the D4 then.
    But if I hafd the money I would invest in headphoes and even a mic.
    IU've noticed quite a few phone users do that are are they walking
    down the street
    talking crap to themselves ;-) well whatever they're usualy talking
    crap ;-D

    I woonder when the first camera that uses the cloud for storage[1]
    rather than
    a memory card will be realised.

    [1] Well it'd have some smal local storage.

    Whisky-dave, Jan 11, 2012
  5. MG

    Robert Coe Guest

    On Wed, 11 Jan 2012 08:46:23 +0200, "MG" <> wrote:
    : On this page:
    : <http://www.dpreview.com/articles/1029273970/ces-2012-samsung-stand-report>
    :
    : I found this:
    : The WB850F's rear LCD is a VGA-equivalent OLED, and the camera also features
    : built-in Wi-Fi with a browser.
    :
    : Why stop there? Why can't I make phone calls and send text messages? Guess
    : it won't be long.

    Well, you can. Don't you have a camera-equipped Droid or iPhone?

    Bob
    Robert Coe, Jan 12, 2012
  6. MG

    Whisky-dave Guest

    On Jan 12, 2:50 am, Robert Coe <> wrote:
    > On Wed, 11 Jan 2012 08:46:23 +0200, "MG" <> wrote:
    >
    > : On this page:
    > : <http://www.dpreview.com/articles/1029273970/ces-2012-samsung-stand-re....>
    > :
    > : I found this:
    > : The WB850F's rear LCD is a VGA-equivalent OLED, and the camera also features
    > : built-in Wi-Fi with a browser.
    > :
    > : Why stop there? Why can't I make phone calls and send text messages? Guess
    > : it won't be long.
    >
    > Well, you can. Don't you have a camera-equipped Droid or iPhone?

    No, I don;t want a mobile phone, I'd like a camera that could make the
    odd call though.

    Whisky-dave, Jan 12, 2012
  7. MG

    Whisky-dave Guest

    On Jan 12, 2:50 am, Robert Coe <> wrote:
    > On Wed, 11 Jan 2012 08:46:23 +0200, "MG" <> wrote:
    >
    > : On this page:
    > : <http://www.dpreview.com/articles/1029273970/ces-2012-samsung-stand-re....>
    > :
    > : I found this:
    > : The WB850F's rear LCD is a VGA-equivalent OLED, and the camera also features
    > : built-in Wi-Fi with a browser.
    > :
    > : Why stop there? Why can't I make phone calls and send text messages? Guess
    > : it won't be long.
    >
    > Well, you can. Don't you have a camera-equipped Droid or iPhone?

    No, I;d like to spend £500 on a resonable camera that can take or make
    the odd phone call.
    Although I like the idea of the iPhone4, I don;t want to spend £500 on
    a phone that has a camera attached to it.
    I want the majority of the money to be spend on teh camera not the
    phone.

    Whisky-dave, Jan 12, 2012