    finding a digital camera that doesn't need to re-focus once you've
    zoomed in. Any suggestions? Thank you.

    -Dave
    davek57, Nov 9, 2006

  2. davek57

    Guest

    I know Konica-Minolta Z3 has this... There is a newer Z model than Z3
    from K-M.

    On Nov 9, 5:25 am, "davek57" <> wrote:
    > I'm looking to see if anyone's familiar with a compact digital camera
    > that, while recording video clips, maintains its focus while zooming
    > in/out. Most camcorders have this capability. But I'm having trouble
    > finding a digital camera that doesn't need to re-focus once you've
    > zoomed in. Any suggestions? Thank you.
    >
    > -Dave
    , Nov 9, 2006

  3. davek57

    Cgiorgio Guest

    "davek57" <> schrieb im Newsbeitrag
    > I'm looking to see if anyone's familiar with a compact digital camera
    > that, while recording video clips, maintains its focus while zooming
    > in/out. Most camcorders have this capability. But I'm having trouble
    > finding a digital camera that doesn't need to re-focus once you've
    > zoomed in. Any suggestions? Thank you.

    Most superzoom cameras (for example Panasonic, Fuji) have a menu option
    called "Continuous AF" or "C-AF" that can be switched on for this purpose.
    It is normally off to save power. However many of the really compact
    digicams do not allow you to use optical zoom while recording in Movie mode,
    focus does not change with digital zooming.
    Cgiorgio, Nov 9, 2006
  4. davek57

    Ron Hunter Guest

    wrote:
    > I know Konica-Minolta Z3 has this... There is a newer Z model than Z3
    > from K-M.
    >
    > On Nov 9, 5:25 am, "davek57" <> wrote:
    >> I'm looking to see if anyone's familiar with a compact digital camera
    >> that, while recording video clips, maintains its focus while zooming
    >> in/out. Most camcorders have this capability. But I'm having trouble
    >> finding a digital camera that doesn't need to re-focus once you've
    >> zoomed in. Any suggestions? Thank you.
    >>
    >> -Dave

    Many still cameras don't allow zooming while in 'movie mode'. Those
    that do should certainly also autofocus, and adjust the aperture. You
    might check the Kodak 705, I believe it has the zoom during movie mode
    feature.
    Ron Hunter, Nov 9, 2006
  5. davek57

    Hebee Jeebes Guest

    My Panasonic FZ30 maintains focus. You just have to remember that it focuses
    slow, so if you go from wide to full zoom quickly it will take a second for
    the focus to catch up. This has nothing to do with the continuous auto focus
    mode which you don't need for video. Besides being able to zoom the image
    stabilization of the 30 also works so you get very good video for a still
    camera.

    Hebee Jeebes, Nov 9, 2006