    Today I'm trying, and nothing. grrrrrrr:(
    What could be wrong.
    My OS is XP and camera is Kodak CX6330

    jazu, Apr 16, 2006

  2. jazu wrote:
    > Hi.
    > I'm connecting my camera to USB and nothing happens. It suppose to
    > load pictures automatically and nada.
    > Green light flash on my camera and I get no action from computer. I
    > was transferring pics from cam to computer yesterday and everything
    > was ok. Today I'm trying, and nothing. grrrrrrr:(
    > What could be wrong.
    > My OS is XP and camera is Kodak CX6330

    I would start by trying a reboot. Do a complete shutdown and power off.

    Next I would run the software that came with the camera. See if it is
    configured to get the photos. Do you know what program was downloading the
    photos before? It could be that somewhere along the line that function was
    turned off.

    Have you had a Window's update between the time it last worked and when
    it did not?

    If that does not do it check your system restore points, you may want to
    try that.

    --
    Joseph Meehan

    Dia duit

    Joseph Meehan, Apr 16, 2006

  3. jazu

    jazu Guest

    > Have you had a Window's update between the time it last worked and when
    > it did not?

    YES. You think it could be a reason? Today I installed XP update.
    I had updates b4 and everything was ok.
    If you know please advise me
    thanks you

    jazu, Apr 16, 2006
  4. jazu

    ASAAR Guest

    On Sat, 15 Apr 2006 23:30:44 GMT, jazu wrote:

    > Green light flash on my camera and I get no action from computer. I was
    > transferring pics from cam to computer yesterday and everything was ok.
    > Today I'm trying, and nothing. grrrrrrr:(
    > What could be wrong.

    Does your camera have a Web-Cam mode? If an accidental menu
    selection switched it away from the default (sometimes called DSC,
    or mass storage mode) you wouldn't be able to transfer files until
    it was switched back. None of my cameras have built-in internal
    memory so I don't really know how they use it. If yours does, could
    it have been switched from card memory to internal memory?

    If that doesn't help, if possible, try to see if you get better
    results with the camera connected to a friend's computer that has a
    known functioning USB port, testing with your cable. If that
    doesn't work, try the friend's cable.

    ASAAR, Apr 16, 2006
  5. jazu

    jazu Guest

    > it was switched back. None of my cameras have built-in internal
    > memory so I don't really know how they use it. If yours does, could
    > it have been switched from card memory to internal memory?

    No, that is not the reason.

    > If that doesn't help, if possible, try to see if you get better
    > results with the camera connected to a friend's computer that has a
    > known functioning USB port, testing with your cable. If that
    > doesn't work, try the friend's cable.

    I will, but I think cable is ok. When I'm plugin in or out I got recognition
    sound.

    jazu, Apr 16, 2006
  6. jazu

    ASAAR Guest

    On Sun, 16 Apr 2006 00:16:59 GMT, jazu wrote:

    >> If that doesn't help, if possible, try to see if you get better
    >> results with the camera connected to a friend's computer that has a
    >> known functioning USB port, testing with your cable. If that
    >> doesn't work, try the friend's cable.

    > I will, but I think cable is ok. When I'm plugin in or out I got
    > recognition sound.

    You might also get a recognition sound if the camera was switched
    to Web-Cam mode. But at this point Joseph's suggestion seems more
    promising. Your problems coming so soon after installing a Windows
    Update certainly makes it suspect. Updates have frequently been
    known to cause problems. I recall some Sony audio devices that
    stopped working properly when connecting to computers via USB after
    XP updates (I read about this a year or two ago).

    ASAAR, Apr 16, 2006
  7. jazu

    jazu Guest

    I'm downloading the newest camera software.
    Maybe it will help.

    jazu, Apr 16, 2006
  8. jazu

    bluezfolk Guest

    What could be wrong.
    My OS is XP and camera is Kodak CX6330

    Does your camera have a switch for the still image/playback mode? If
    its in the image mode the photos won't download.

    Eric R

    bluezfolk, Apr 16, 2006
  9. jazu

    Guest

    >I will, but I think cable is ok. When I'm plugin in or out I got recognition
    >sound.

    If you get a recognition that a usb camera is plugged in then go to
    the windows explorer and cut or copy and paste the pictures that way.

    NotSoEasyshare software is problematic. You are probably experiencing
    what other users have experienced before. The easiest way to correct
    the problem is to stop using Easyshare. The second easiest way is to
    uninstall Easyshare with Kodak's complete uninstall program that can
    be downloaded from their site. Then install Easyshare again and follow
    the instructions EXACTLY.

    , Apr 16, 2006
  10. jazu

    Guest

    , Apr 16, 2006
  11. jazu

    Backbone Guest

    Okay once you install the software you may need to uninstall the usb
    controllers - here's what you do - right click on the "My Computers" - click
    on "Properties" then goto " the Hardware" tab Click on Device manager - goto
    the Universal Serial Bus controllers then uninstall all the usb
    controllers - then close you device manager - Now reboot your system. When
    the computer reboots it'll do a Plug N Play search - finds all the usb
    connections including your newly installed device!!!

    Backbone, Apr 16, 2006
  12. jazu

    jazu Guest

    Thank you guys for your all advices.
    I installed new dak Easyshare prog without cleaning the old one.
    Now everything works fine

    jazu, Apr 16, 2006
  13. jazu

    Ron Hunter Guest

    ASAAR wrote:
    > On Sun, 16 Apr 2006 00:16:59 GMT, jazu wrote:
    >
    >>> If that doesn't help, if possible, try to see if you get better
    >>> results with the camera connected to a friend's computer that has a
    >>> known functioning USB port, testing with your cable. If that
    >>> doesn't work, try the friend's cable.

    >> I will, but I think cable is ok. When I'm plugin in or out I got
    >> recognition sound.

    > You might also get a recognition sound if the camera was switched
    > to Web-Cam mode. But at this point Joseph's suggestion seems more
    > promising. Your problems coming so soon after installing a Windows
    > Update certainly makes it suspect. Updates have frequently been
    > known to cause problems. I recall some Sony audio devices that
    > stopped working properly when connecting to computers via USB after
    > XP updates (I read about this a year or two ago).

    Such updates can often change associations, and replace connections
    between software and hardware. It may be necessary to reinstall the
    software that previously handled the downloading.

    Ron Hunter, Apr 16, 2006
  14. jazu wrote:
    > Thank you guys for your all advices.
    > I installed new dak Easyshare prog without cleaning the old one.
    > Now everything works fine

    Glad to hear it.

    --
    Joseph Meehan