    reply in this forum and/or to :

    Thanks!
    fc

    Frankc, Jun 20, 2005

  2. Frankc

    [BnH] Guest

    Look for urgalaxy or etefore in eBAY.
    They have shopfront over in HK island.

    =bob=

    [BnH], Jun 20, 2005

  3. Frankc

    POTD.com.au Guest

    http://www.tincheungcamera.com.hk

    POTD.com.au, Jun 20, 2005
  4. Frankc

    macropod Guest

    etefore is an eBay name for www.hksupplies.com. Quite a reliable supplier.

    Cheers

    macropod, Jun 20, 2005
  5. Frankc

    PTravel Guest

    "Frankc" <> wrote in message
    > Hi there
    >
    > Can somebody please provide info (eg. weblinks, names etc.) to reputable
    > camera retail outlets in Hong Kong (I'm after a Canon EOS 20D)? Please

    post
    > reply in this forum and/or to :

    Fortress and Broadway are two reputable camera/electronics dealers. They
    have stores all over Kowloon and Hong Kong. However, their prices may not
    necessarily be lower than what you can get at home in Australia. I'm
    unfamiliar with Australian prices, but reputable U.S. mail order vendors,
    such as B&H, will usually charge less than Fortress or Broadway.

    PTravel, Jun 20, 2005
  6. Frankc

    Rob Guest

    macropod wrote:

    > etefore is an eBay name for www.hksupplies.com. Quite a reliable supplier.
    >
    > Cheers
    >

    > "[BnH]" <b18[at]ii[dot]net> wrote in message
    >
    >>Look for urgalaxy or etefore in eBAY.
    >>They have shopfront over in HK island.
    >>
    >>=bob=

    Looked at there site and have now run some numbers. I bought a lens
    from Kinefoto and I can do a comparison.

    HKsupplies $600 USD thats $744 AUD

    Kinefoto $3774 HKD thats $627 AUD

    me thinks that they are not the most economical to buy from.

    Rob, Jun 21, 2005
  7. Frankc

    Lin Chung Guest

    Frankc wrote:
    > Can somebody please provide info (eg. weblinks, names etc.) to
    > reputable camera retail outlets in Hong Kong (I'm after a Canon
    > EOS 20D)? Please post reply in this forum and/or to :

    DCFever is arguably the largest and best run photographic chain in Hong
    Kong. Probably its equivalent in the UK is the Jessops. New camera models
    introduced in that region of the Pacific rim are often announced or given
    first trial/review by them, I have noticed (I'm on their mailing list).
    They host many photographic activities, including seminars, tutorial
    courses, and exhibitions. But first you may wish to make some inquiry by
    e-mails or by phone to the head office. The contact addresses are here. To
    be able to read Chinese is undoubtedly an advantage.
    http://www.dcfever.com/documents/contactus.php
    http://www.dcfever.com/index.php (home page)
    The following online translator is useful as it caters for texts related to
    photography and optics:
    http://www.worldlingo.com/wl/translate

    Also useful, HK Internet Yellow Pages
    http://www.yp.com.hk/iyp_e05/gateway_flash.asp

    --
    Lin Chung
    [Replace "the Water Margin" with "ntlworld" for e-mail].

    Lin Chung, Jun 21, 2005
  8. Frankc

    Lin Chung Guest

    Lin Chung wrote:
    > Frankc wrote:
    > > Can somebody please provide info (eg. weblinks, names etc.) to
    > > reputable camera retail outlets in Hong Kong (I'm after a Canon
    > > EOS 20D)? Please post reply in this forum and/or to :
    > >

    > DCFever is arguably the largest and best run photographic chain in
    > Hong Kong.....
    > http://www.dcfever.com/documents/contactus.php
    > http://www.dcfever.com/index.php (home page)

    Another one I have jotted down in my notebook. Can't remember the reason
    though.
    http://www.digitalrev.com/contact.asp
    http://www.digitalrev.com/categories.asp (home page)

    Lin Chung, Jun 21, 2005