    shutter trip or for taking a series of pictures at preset intervals.

    --
    Bert Hyman | St. Paul, MN |

    Bert Hyman, Aug 30, 2006

  2. Bert Hyman

    Rutger Guest

    "Bert Hyman" <> schreef in bericht
    news:Xns982F7E16160AEVeebleFetzer@127.0.0.1...
    > Do any consumer digital cameras come with remote control software
    > which can "watch" the image area and take a picture when an object
    > enters or moves in a selected area? Or, might there be software from
    > other sources that can do this for some camera models?
    >
    > I'm looking at small objects at a fairly long distance (birds at a
    > feeder, specifically), so those "hunting" cameras which use IR to
    > detect nearby large critters won't do.
    >
    > My Canon has remote control software, but only allows for manual
    > shutter trip or for taking a series of pictures at preset intervals.

    Cameras itself afaik not. There is a gadget that can do that: the Zigview R.

    Rutger

    --
    http://www.flickr.com/photos/zwaarddrager/

    Rutger, Aug 30, 2006

  3. Bert Hyman

    pjp Guest

    Can your camera be setup as a webcam? If so there's plenty of software will
    take a pic when movement is detected. Mind you that means lots of pics for a
    single bird etc. Anything past that and the AI used in the software would (I
    imagine) raise cost considerably, e.g. not free or close to it.

    As an example, my Fuji 602Z has a webcam mode (sometimes used in Messenger)
    but as it's a "webcam" lots of other software also can use it. My old
    Creative webcam came with some software (including motion detection) and
    it'll use any available video connection, e.g. two diff model "just"
    webcams, two digi cameras in webcam mode and even my Video-In off my video
    card.

    pjp, Aug 30, 2006
  4. Bert Hyman

    Bert Hyman Guest

    pjpoirier_is_located_at_@_hotmail_._com (pjp) wrote in

    > Can your camera be setup as a webcam? If so there's plenty of
    > software will take a pic when movement is detected. Mind you that
    > means lots of pics for a single bird etc. Anything past that and
    > the AI used in the software would (I imagine) raise cost
    > considerably, e.g. not free or close to it.

    I'm guessing that this would just do a frame grab of the webcam
    image, and not trip the shutter to get a full resolution image.

    If it can "watch" the webcam image and trip the shutter to get a full
    resolution image, then I'm interested.

    --
    Bert Hyman | St. Paul, MN |

    Bert Hyman, Aug 30, 2006