    Is it to cause the user to hurl the camera to the ground in disgust and
    frustration and repeatedly drive over it with a Hummer as I have done?

    Thanks for you help.

    Bite My Bubbles, Aug 30, 2003

  2. Bite My Bubbles

    Bowser Guest

    Well, if you've crushed it with a Hummer, problem solved. My Canon G2
    remembers its settings, which is good because I don't really want to drive a
    Hummer. I think most digicams remember their settings.

    Bowser, Aug 30, 2003

  3. "Bite My Bubbles" <> wrote in message news:<>...
    > Hi - I have a Kodak LS443.
    >
    > By design, when I shut the camera off, this camera loses all the settings I
    > have given it.
    >
    > This is far far far more than maddening for me.
    >
    > Is this a common practice with digital cameras? What could be the sick,
    > twisted, evil reationale behind this disturbing, mind-numbing practice?
    >
    > Is it to cause the user to hurl the camera to the ground in disgust and
    > frustration and repeatedly drive over it with a Hummer as I have done?
    >
    > Thanks for you help.

    The only time that I've lost the settings in my Fuji s602 Zoom
    is when I was re-charging the batteries and didn't put the second set
    in for about an hour afterwards. I'd expect it to happen then.

    Chris.

    Chris McBrien, Aug 30, 2003
  4. "Bite My Bubbles" <> wrote in message
    > Hi - I have a Kodak LS443.
    >
    > By design, when I shut the camera off, this camera loses all the settings

    > have given it.
    >
    > This is far far far more than maddening for me.
    >
    > Is this a common practice with digital cameras? What could be the sick,
    > twisted, evil reationale behind this disturbing, mind-numbing practice?
    >
    > Is it to cause the user to hurl the camera to the ground in disgust and
    > frustration and repeatedly drive over it with a Hummer as I have done?
    >
    > Thanks for you help.

    Olympus cameras let you set up so they will keep whatever setting you were
    using, or revert to a standard setting of your choice. I don't know about
    your camera, but there may be something in the manual about how to control
    the resetting.

    Marvin Margoshes, Aug 30, 2003
  5. "Bite My Bubbles" <> wrote in message
    > Hi - I have a Kodak LS443.
    >
    > By design, when I shut the camera off, this camera loses all the settings

    > have given it.
    >
    > Is this a common practice with digital cameras?

    My Pentax Optio S is extremely flexible in this regard. It
    has a setup screen that lets you choose which settings are
    maintained across power cycles and which are restored to
    their default value.

    Furthermore, it _also_ has a "user" setting, in addition to
    the normal "program" setting, that lets you keep a whole
    alternate setup for the camera, so you can completely
    change everything to some preset with three clicks of the
    joystick. Even more, the "user" setting has its _own_
    memory screen, separate from the main one, that lets you
    specify which setting changes in "user" mode will be
    remembered across power cycles and which will revert to
    the previous "user" setting!

    I love this camera! :)

    -- William M. Miller

    William M. Miller, Aug 30, 2003
  6. That really ticks me offf.

    Bite My Bubbles, Aug 30, 2003
  7. You just chose the wrong camera.

    Godfrey

    On Fri, 29 Aug 2003 19:34:06 -0700, Bite My Bubbles wrote
    (in message <>):

    Godfrey DiGiorgi, Aug 31, 2003